getting my first WWC from livesale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never bought nice corals online. i bought some seachem's reef dip, was planning on dipping them then putting in my new frag rack. just done some reading on different threads.

is there anything special from @WWC corals i need to do? has anyone gotten any pests or any advice on acclimating them to my DT?

thanks

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC is known for having great quarantine procedures. I got a few pieces from the live sale as well. All I did was temp acclimate, dipped, and added to the sand bed in my display tank, and everything is doing exceptionally. Nothing came off the frags when I dipped them except a few pods. In fact, the plugs looked almost brand new for the most part. Good luck! Post pics.

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never bought nice corals online. i bought some seachem's reef dip, was planning on dipping them then putting in my new frag rack. just done some reading on different threads.

is there anything special from @WWC corals i need to do? has anyone gotten any pests or any advice on acclimating them to my DT?

thanks

I only buy from my Adam at Battlecorals, WWC, and my friends with (2 shops sorta local to my area), including Paul and Fintastic that I've known for over 15 years. I will personally attest that WWC corals are clean every time. I've put corals thru way-too-hardcore dips, and in all circumstances of dips, I've looked to see what has fallen off. I've never found anything. Generally I say dip, but having passed my audit and attestation thru the years, I now have stopped dipping WWC corals.

REEFIN RIOS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had great success from wwc corals, my dad and I buy a different manner from WWC we are going to make a regular thing, every 4 months or so, we are from Houston Texas, and being my dad works for an airline we take a Saturday and fly a morning flight to Orlando get there at 10 am ish have breakfrast Uber to WWC it’s a 20 min ride from the airport spend a few hours there hand pick corals last time we went we spent 500$ easy, then go back to the airport at least an hour early and fly back home! We are normally home by 8pm.

Yes we fly with our corals it’s pretty easy, we use TSA approved containers, normally just 2 of them one for me and one for my dad. When we get home it’s like making our rounds at our fav LFS here in Houston! Next time we are going is hopefully Next month but we will see.
Lucas

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We appreciate the comments here. We do have a pretty solid quarantine process for our corals. With that said,we DO NOT recommend dipping your corals during or just after the acclimation due to corals being stressed from shipping. Dipping is important, but timing is just as important as to reduce any additional stress on your new frags, so we recommend waiting 10 to 24 hrs to dip them. Be sure to read the detailed instructions that are included with your orders :)

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We appreciate the comments here. We do have a pretty solid quarantine process for our corals. With that said,we DO NOT recommend dipping your corals during or just after the acclimation due to corals being stressed from shipping. Dipping is important, but timing is just as important as to reduce any additional stress on your new frags, so we recommend waiting 10 to 24 hrs to dip them. Be sure to read the detailed instructions that are included with your orders :)

Oh interesting. The more you know. Thanks for chiming in @WWC!

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for that!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 129 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.2%
Back