Getting new Resplendent Anthias to eat?

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I got in a pair of resplendent anthias Friday and I'm a bit worried with the small female, as I haven't seen her eat anything at all since they came in. The male eats like a pig and pretty competitive with my mystery wrasse during feeding. Basically looking for suggestions on getting her to eat before she withers away. I've been feeding 3-4x a day, mainly frozen as thats all the male anthias seems to be interested in at the moment. Here's what I've tried PE mysis, Hikari mysis, brine shrimp, and dried cyclop eeze. Also garlic doesn't seem to help either.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a hold of any live food, like brine shrimp? Frozen cylopeeze or fresh seafood that is chopped extremely fine.

I would also consider separating her from the other fish to help make it easier for her to eat.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 5 from Live Aquaria. I noticed off the bat that they are much less aggressive eaters. Mine are eating hikari mysis and hikari spirulina brine. Frozen cyclopeeze may help entice them to eat.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NutraMar Ova, rotifers, baby brine and frozen cyclopeez is what I feed to get all my finicky anthias to start eating...then start weining them up to the larger foods such as brine then mysis etc...

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%

Back