OP
OP
Ben’r

Ben’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to making up the louvre covers, still a bit of patch up paint to go on.
E3499E02-929D-4FB1-829D-1BA238BB118A.jpeg

Looking quite green at dawn/dusk, uglies stage but the side walls rebounding the light doesn’t help.

OP
OP
Ben’r

Ben’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
57C94513-C2F9-4FD8-BBE6-558DAF3BFD6C.jpeg

With such low evap rate, saturated kalk cannot keep up, finding I have to drip mostly alk and a bit of ca every second day. Think I’ll have to find a way/space to add a doser. My rocks seem to be cleaner, few speckles of coralline beginning but the sand and side walls are absolutely nasty!
Po4 0.18
No3 was reading 0 so that’s gotta be a false negative in the nutrients.
I’m not going to do any drastic measures here, will check them again after Christmas and decide what I want to do from there. I think my plan will be to hold off and let the system mature, too many times in the past I’ve driven nutrients down too fast and made way for all horrors (Dino’s.) This is a pond after all!

OP
OP
Ben’r

Ben’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7100BDAD-77D0-44B6-931B-E5DB5D2B7F35.jpeg

Became absolutely sick of the dirty sandbed, had to go. Nutrients are so much more manageable now. Of course, had to add a dosing pump, I think I’m done adding montipora now . Added a few acro frags, seem to be doing OK, between messing around with the sand & scape. Time to let it settle and grow in. Have a slight feeling I won’t be able to see the fish once the monti’s stretch ‍♂️

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Are my eyes playing tricks on me but did your monti’s grow like over dinner plate sized in a month looking at the pics posted?

OP
OP
Ben’r

Ben’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Are my eyes playing tricks on me but did your monti’s grow like over dinner plate sized in a month looking at the pics posted?
They were growing and encrusting well but I did add that big green one (about 18” diameter) and butchered the rest to try make a nicer spiral. The market in my country for these is so small I’d be worried if I had growth that quick! At least I got all these for a great price!

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were growing and encrusting well but I did add that big green one (about 18” diameter) and butchered the rest to try make a nicer spiral. The market in my country for these is so small I’d be worried if I had growth that quick! At least I got all these for a great price!
Thanks for reply, I was wondering what the heck I was doing wrong! Lol

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 59 40.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%

Back