• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Getting Out, Live Rock, Coral, Substrate for Sale, DC Metro (Gaithersburg, MD 20878)

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a follow-up to some earlier posts. I've been lazy in getting things cleaned up and photographed for the remainder of the items.

Live rock includes Walt Smith maricultured stuff from Fiji (each about the size of two or three softballs) and some LARGE pieces of natural rock, picked up in November 2018 at one of the last places in the country to have it available.

$2.50 per pound for the Walt Smith pieces. (It cost me $6 or 7$.)

The natural pieces are mixed bag in that one has only a frilly shroom and I haven't weighted it yet, so I'll sell it for $3 per pound (it may be 10 lbs or so, not sure.) Other three pieces are fixed fee.

The one to the leftmost end (see FTS) is probably 10 lbs and has a nice acro colony that is well secured to the rock as the acro has grown out. It has some really nice nooks and crannies. Given the size of the acro colony, combined with the estimated weight, I'd like to get $60.

The one next to it has three sunrise BTA's that have maintained magnificent bubbles, despite less than pristine water quality over these last several months. (General apathy is why I'm getting out.) Only two show in the photo and third is currently hiding, otherwise I would have rotated the piece to photo all three. Given how well rooted in the rock the 'nems are, I will NOT sell them individually. (I don't think I could remove them if I wanted to.) There is also a ruby-tipped lime green torte and another SPS of some sort, both of which are entrenched and growing onto the rock. Rock itself is probably 8 or 10 pounds. This could be a centerpiece piece. With anemones and corals on it, I'd like to get $175.

The one at the far end of the tank is a MONSTER piece! It is not as hole-y as the others, but it does have a couple pass-through holes for swim-throughs. It is maybe 14 or 18 inches long. The rock weighs 30-40 pounds! (I don't recall the exact weight when I bought it, and I've tried to put out of my mind what I spent for it at $10/lb........) Like the one at the left end of the tank, this rock also has a nice acro colony that has grown onto it that is well entrenched. I will not be separating the acro from the rock. Given the size of the rock and the acro, I'm asking $125 for this piece.

The natural pieces do have some red turf algae on them, so they could benefit from some time with some foxfaces, sohal or dussemeiri or purple tangs, maybe some yellow tangs, and various other algae-eating fish.

The corals attached have browned a little while I have not been as attentive to water quality, but I have done some decent water changes (three or four 50-gallon changes) and the green in them is starting to come out again. The SPS next to the ruby-tipped tort was a beautiful purple, and it, too, will benefit from better water quality and lighting, but you can see what color it was and should be again.

These pieces of coral will not be detached and sold individually.

On the other hand, I do have for sale the following pieces.

Hammer coral: $40
Lime green toadstool: $40
Sunrise montipora, encrusted onto small piece of Walt Smith rock: $25
Cyphastrea: $15
Green chalices: $10 each
Red chalice "chip" frag" $5
favia chips: $5 each

Substrate is a mix of Tropic Eden sizes and is well-seeded with life. Let's go with $15 per five-gallon bucket.

I am always open to REASONABLE offers, and I will, of course, reduce prices if you buy multiple items depending on how much you are spending. Low-ballers will be ignored.

Local pickup only.

20878, about three miles from exit 9 off of 270. By intersection of Muddy Branch and Great Seneca Highway.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_7389.jpg IMG_7390.jpg IMG_7439.jpg IMG_7441.jpg IMG_7442.jpg IMG_7443.jpg IMG_7445.jpg IMG_7446.jpg IMG_7447.jpg

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the tank for sale? if yes, what size is it?

Yes, whole system is for sale. I have been talking with someone for last few months who's been planning to buy it and we've both been "slow-walking" the process. No rush on either end. I've "pinged" him in light of this post to see if he's still planning to buy it and can follow up with you.

Tank is about 250 or 260, 7' x 28" x 25" high. Custom, on custom tubular steel stand with wood skins. There is a LOT of time and money invested in the system. Are you close to G'burg? I work from home so you could come by anytime to check it out if you want.

Jbonime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for the chalice, month and toad stool I’m in dc

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back