Getting shrooms off of a rock with other coral on it

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I've posted about this before, but this time I've got the green shrooms that need to be moved because they're way overgrowing and now surrounding my octospawn.
1707465375680.jpeg

I can't blast the shrooms with flow, because that will kill the octospawn. Any other remedies for getting these shrooms off? Can you massage them off like the foot of a BTA? Thanks!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What about just relocating the octospawn?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks, Rev., I might just do that and turn that rock into a shroom/RFA rock. Where to put the octo? Starting to run out of space!
1707763983480.jpeg
sand bed, between the torch/leather off towards the right. or you can move things around on the sand and have more room available on the sand somewhere else.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sand bed, between the torch/leather off towards the right. or you can move things around on the sand and have more room available on the sand somewhere else.
Yup, story of my reefing life. Sand bed needs a good de-clutter, but your suggestion might work out nicely for the octo as that's a slightly less intense area and the octo is currently getting the high end of the PAR range (~200 or so at peak).

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yup, story of my reefing life. Sand bed needs a good de-clutter, but your suggestion might work out nicely for the octo as that's a slightly less intense area and the octo is currently getting the high end of the PAR range (~200 or so at peak).
you can also tryout the other alternatives like @Printed Reef's coral placement plugs. you can use their: https://printedreef.com/collections/coral-accessories/products/coral-plug-rock-holders to stick it somewhere off the rockwork, or this product: https://printedreef.com/collections/coral-accessories/products/frag-plug-sand-stand for the sand bed. should help with keeping it from being knocked over.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back