Getting started

Reefin_newb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Tualatin
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've had my tank up now for 4 months. Its just a 50 gallon. Is all this overkill? I travel a lot so im trying to be as maintenance free as possible. I had added the ozone but in one single night it killed 99% of my fish. It was an issue with the generator so im now waiting for the new one to arrive. Still need to get a few things but its almost there. This is just a mock up so I can see how I want everything when I build the cabinet to fit my tank.

20211211_212715.jpg 20211129_001748.jpg 20211211_122219.jpg 20211211_122311.jpg 20211211_122335.jpg 20211211_122749.jpg 20211211_122838.jpg 20211211_122842.jpg 20211211_183417.jpg
 
Well I've had my tank up now for 4 months. Its just a 50 gallon. Is all this overkill? I travel a lot so im trying to be as maintenance free as possible. I had added the ozone but in one single night it killed 99% of my fish. It was an issue with the generator so im now waiting for the new one to arrive. Still need to get a few things but its almost there. This is just a mock up so I can see how I want everything when I build the cabinet to fit my tank.

20211211_212715.jpg 20211129_001748.jpg 20211211_122219.jpg 20211211_122311.jpg 20211211_122335.jpg 20211211_122749.jpg 20211211_122838.jpg 20211211_122842.jpg 20211211_183417.jpg
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF
 
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have a 50 gal 4 month old tank and that Dragonet is the last fish it is likely to starve as it is very unlikely you have enough of a pod population to feed it. Did you add any pods to this tank?
 
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have a 50 gal 4 month old tank and that Dragonet is the last fish it is likely to starve as it is very unlikely you have enough of a pod population to feed it. Did you add any pods to this tank?
The Rock looks new....Dry probably so you probably didn’t get any in the rock as hitchhikers. I’d see if you could return for credit and get a hardier fish.
 
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have a 50 gal 4 month old tank and that Dragonet is the last fish it is likely to starve as it is very unlikely you have enough of a pod population to feed it. Did you add any pods to this tank?
Hes been in there for a month. He eats brine shrimp as well as zooplankton. He also eats a bit of algea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new