Getting to know other people here

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya cause you stay up to late :)
My battery is at 29% so I will be sinking soon!
I'll stay up til like 2 or 3 watching Netflix or a movie. One of my favorites is castaway and it's long. I am naturally a night person. I'll need it anyway, cause I am about to start a little temp job, hopefully I'll find a permanent job afterwards, but I am lucky to have gotten this. I will be working nights at Shell in norco, Louisiana on a little construction job. All nighters.

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no that means you will not be around? But glad you got a temp!
I will go back to work after I start my saltwater store :)

Kurt Copeland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to get the color I see to show up on the shot..

DSC_0049.JPG

Or is this ok??

First, if you are not shooting in raw format, go ahead and switch over to it and get acclimated to it. I shoot in raw 100% of the time and I edit in Lightroom. Raw has a greater gamut, more leniency and greater range in editing. *****-size files but, oh-so worth it in the editing room.

Next, regardless of whether you decide to shoot raw or stick with jpg, experiment with lighting. Photography is all about capturing the light and the placement of light sources, intensity, color tones (temperatures) go a long way in creating the image you want to see in your mind. Slight imperfections can be taken out in editing (more so in raw format) but always try to capture the image you want in the sensor before you rely on the edit.

Try natural lighting, reflectors (as simple as aluminum foil or aluminum mixing bowls, even), or even remote strobes or controlled lighting, if you have them.

I couldn't possibly give you a decent education on lighting in a forum thread but I hope that helps a little bit.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no that means you will not be around? But glad you got a temp!
I will go back to work after I start my saltwater store :)
Idk if this 5-10's, 6-10's, or 7-12's or what. I just started the paperwork and stuff today.I'll still be around just not as long for a few weeks or so. I'll still post in the afternoon.

Kurt Copeland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try some subtle backlighting with that shot, in addition to the existing light you've got?

Kurt Copeland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice shot. What is your experience level with a camera? You have a D40 so I might assume you have at least as much experience as I do. That's a nice camera. Is that 90mm a 2.8?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back