Getting to know other people here

  • Thread starter Thread starter twilliard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think here in a few months I might turn my 29 into a seahorse tank. I got a shop locally that always has a good selection of seahorses
 
yeah that's going to happen whether im rich or not. lol here in a few years once everything in my personal life and all my financials are stable ill be building a 1500ish gallon plywood/concrete shark tank/lagoon. itll have a mangrove forest in one of the back corners with a bunch of small fish couple banded cat sharks, possibly a puffer, maybe a couple angels. lots of macro algaes. don't gotta be rich for that. just patient. its going to cost me about 5 grand to setup.
 
yeah that's going to happen whether im rich or not. lol here in a few years once everything in my personal life and all my financials are stable ill be building a 1500ish gallon plywood/concrete shark tank/lagoon. itll have a mangrove forest in one of the back corners with a bunch of small fish couple banded cat sharks, possibly a puffer, maybe a couple angels. lots of macro algaes. don't gotta be rich for that. just patient. its going to cost me about 5 grand to setup.
You think huh? I wanted a 180 gallon, acrylic, estimating it would have cost me 5 to 8 grand. With everything to start generally. I wanted a metal halide, which would have costs a grand on its own.
 
yeah, a plywood and concrete tank isn't very expensive to build. be even cheaper if I want all concrete but Im not sure if I want to do that. I can use concrete for the corner supports and the bottom and plywood for the sides back and bracing with a glass viewing window in front and save a ton of weight and work. ive already priced everything. itll be about 5 grand for plywood/concrete and about 4500 for all concrete. but remember, this isn't a reef tank so I don't need the high end lighting or a ton of lighting. macro and mangroves grow under basic lighting.
 
yeah, a plywood and concrete tank isn't very expensive to build. be even cheaper if I want all concrete but Im not sure if I want to do that. I can use concrete for the corner supports and the bottom and plywood for the sides back and bracing with a glass viewing window in front and save a ton of weight and work. ive already priced everything. itll be about 5 grand for plywood/concrete and about 4500 for all concrete. but remember, this isn't a reef tank so I don't need the high end lighting or a ton of lighting. macro and mangroves grow under basic lighting.
Yeah that's right. And no live rock?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new