Getting to know other people here

  • Thread starter Thread starter twilliard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
itll have a bunch of live rock in the sump area. but itll all be rock I buy locally for a buck a pound or base rock I get for 1.50 a pound.
 
and the sump will be a 300 gallon feeding trough. im in a farm area so I can get a good used one for about 50 bucks from a farmer.
 
itll have a bunch of live rock in the sump area. but itll all be rock I buy locally for a buck a pound or base rock I get for 1.50 a pound.
You mean dry rock? Some places I wanted to buy fresh live rock from could be very high, anywhere from $8 to $11 a pound. It's like the air freighter stuff though.
 
yeah base rock dry rock. but I can buy live rock locally for a buck a pound on craigslist and local groups. out here a lot of people shut down their tanks or downgrade and live rock goes for 1-2 bucks a pound. I figure ill have upwards of 500 pounds of rock in the sump area. not sure if im going to do a skimmer, or a giant ATS. if I do a skimmer that will add a lot of cost to the setup but considering its a predator tank it would be the best idea.
 
I meant to take a picture of it but after I took the first bite.... well... I didn't take a picture....
 
ive only ate at one casino, wasn't very impressed.

remember, im at work. I respond when I can.
Wasn't talking to you with response picture I posted, it's another member.
Shrimp casino is appetizer at seafood and steak restaurant I go to alot. Five shrimp wrapped in bacon and jalapeños, deep fried, then covered in a spicy cocktail sauce and mozzarella cheese and baked til bubbly. It's real good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new