OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your other post made it sound like your were expecting devices that had similar or higher current draws to trip the breaker. There could conceivably be some electrical characteristics of one device that cause a faulty outlet to trip where other devices do not. This scenario is more common with AFCI’s than with GFCIs, though.

Like I said - it sounded like it was the pump; that was just an easy way to eliminate the outlet as a cause. Glad Abyzz was so prompt at responding and helping you fix the problem.

Well I will find out Tuesday when the replacement arrives. Fingers crossed. I don't want to switch pumps, if I did I think my second choice would be a red dragon.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard almost nothing bad about the Abyzz pumps (except maybe the price,) so hopefully the replacement works out. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard almost nothing bad about the Abyzz pumps (except maybe the price,) so hopefully the replacement works out. Keep us posted!
I will, when I had the abyzz plugged into a non gfi on an extension I ran it for like 15 minz at 70% and it was dead silent!! So I'm really hoping the replacement solves the problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running the replacement for 30 minutes now, with no trip. Pretty sure it's good to go! Shout out to abyzz!! On another note when changing the pump i noticed some nice bubbles in the acrylic of my bashsea sump. Ughhhh!!!

20190305_190914.jpg

20190305_190901.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back