GFO — Rate of Tumbling

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a GFO reactor to my system this evening. I don’t have the room in my sump for additional pumps, and I don’t have the space for a manifold. So, I connected the input of the GFO reactor to the output of my UV sterilizer, which is fed by a Sicce 1.5 pump. I have a Neptune Systems flow sensor connected to the input of the UV sterilizer, which is measuring 75 gph flowing through the UV sterilizer and GFO reactor.

Below is a photo and a video that shows the GFO reactor.

572FE1E1-2618-4781-9A38-75C27CB09927.jpeg

Is the GFO tumbling too much? This is the first time that I’ve ran GFO, so I’m unsure if it’s tumbling more than it should be. Not all of the GFO is tumbling (the bottom granules), but the middle- and top-level granules are all moving well.

There are many fines that ended up in the reactor, so you may be able to see some below the bottom sponge and a dusting above the top sponge, which I’ll likely clean out in the next few days.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a GFO reactor to my system this evening. I don’t have the room in my sump for additional pumps, and I don’t have the space for a manifold. So, I connected the input of the GFO reactor to the output of my UV sterilizer, which is fed by a Sicce 1.5 pump. I have a Neptune Systems flow sensor connected to the input of the UV sterilizer, which is measuring 75 gph flowing through the UV sterilizer and GFO reactor.

Below is a photo and a video that shows the GFO reactor.

572FE1E1-2618-4781-9A38-75C27CB09927.jpeg

Is the GFO tumbling too much? This is the first time that I’ve ran GFO, so I’m unsure if it’s tumbling more than it should be. Not all of the GFO is tumbling (the bottom granules), but the middle- and top-level granules are all moving well.

There are many fines that ended up in the reactor, so you may be able to see some below the bottom sponge and a dusting above the top sponge, which I’ll likely clean out in the next few days.

It looks about right, it should be set so it simmers at the top light simmering water in a pan

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back