GFO and dirty glass!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter lou dog420
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Since starting GFO my glass algae went from Green to Brown, the Brown stuff grows much faster. I think this is just the nature of diatoms. Getting the same stuff in the sand bed.
I only get it on the glass.
 
I’m not sure how GFO would kill off green algae and not diatoms. I’d actually expect the reverse to happen first.

More concerningly is the possibility that the reduced phosphate got low enough to deter green algae growth, and the brown is really dino’s that were previously outcompeted by the green algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new