GFO + Carbon Dosing to keep nutrients in check ?

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about hit 1 year on WB AIO 50.3 After months of battling GHA and Bubble Algae , Iv finally beat it with a help of vibrant + carbon dosing. I thought of initially running a refugium and given the space it did not work out as planned. So now my plan is continue my Carbon dosing via NP-bacto balance, keeps me around 3-5ppm NO3. Now id like to maintain my PO4 via GFO as it been hovering around 0.08 - 0.13 I know its not a bad range but ideally would like to maintain it around 0.04 - 0.07 as Im afraid of my gha coming back. I purchased a GFO Reactor on BRS and dialed in running only 40% of recommend dosage. I have LPS/Softy Tank only

What should I look for when running GFO?
Does it take weeks to work or does it bring down levels overnight ?
As well as once I get to my desired range do I stop GFO or reduce the amount being used and continue running?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GFO works pretty fast. It can take levels down low overnight (i can easily drop 0.1 to 0.00 in a day with a bag of it [though that is not recommended]). You can run it as a corrective tool or just run it constantly. If run constantly, you can always adjust how much you are running.

OP
OP
L

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GFO works pretty fast. It can take levels down low overnight (i can easily drop 0.1 to 0.00 in a day with a bag of it [though that is not recommended]). You can run it as a corrective tool or just run it constantly. If run constantly, you can always adjust how much you are running.
Perfect im going to have to monitor it daily and see what sort of effect it has , as I used only 40% of the recommend amount . I just see alot of people recommend but not much info on it

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back