Gfo reactor

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's not really a time frame as to when the GFO will exhaust. It depends on how much GFO you use, how much phosphate is in the water when you start it and how much phosphate your tank is producing. The best way to tell if it is exhausted is to test the water. If the levels are not going down, but increasing, it's probably time to change it.

Last edited:

skim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test the water coming out of the GFO and the tank and if it is the same or getting close to the same you know you are exhausted or close to it. In doing this you will get a basic timeline from fresh GFO to exhausted GFO. Another big factor is water flow, you want a range of 50 to 100 gph, too fast and not enough contact time and too slow and not enough water gets processed. Treat GFO as you would GAC.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test the water coming out of the GFO and the tank and if it is the same or getting close to the same you know you are exhausted or close to it. In doing this you will get a basic timeline from fresh GFO to exhausted GFO. Another big factor is water flow, you want a range of 50 to 100 gph, too fast and not enough contact time and too slow and not enough water gets processed. Treat GFO as you would GAC.

Is it possible for gfo to be exhausted within two days?

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible for gfo to be exhausted within two days?
It's possible. It depends on how much phosphate is in the water, how much GFO intiallly used and the water flow rate through it. I use the manufacturer's recommended amount and my tank generates high phosphates, but it takes about 3 weeks before it exhausts.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 169 73.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%
Back