OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light installed last night AI Hydra52HD. Nothing to difficult took probably 30 min all together. Right now i have it setup as the LPS/Soft setup from Ecotech. Notice I was getting quite a bit of micro bubbles this morning from my skimmer off so i can correct that later. Put in the 8x8x1 Marinepure block in the sump. I get the Ottoman to hide my ATO container today so my plan is to get that setup at some point.

Starting the cycle today using the Red Sea Reef Mature Pro kit so according to that i'm 21 days out from some fishy friends. These are my first pics with of the tank with the DSLR need to visit the Photography forums to get some pointers.

FTS_11_9_16%201_zpsqixxqyex.jpg

FTS_11_9_16%203_zpsnneasznn.jpg

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME awesome awesome. That's like my dream stand!

Thanks! The stand is extremely well built and looks great. I was going to put handles on the doors, but upon further consideration the little ones that my wife babysits haven't opened it up yet and we figured that if we did put handles on it then they won't even notice ha ha. I would definitely recommend SC aquariums for your next tank/stand.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of adding a bi-color blenny to this list. Does anyone see a possible issue with the Midas Blenny?

Osc. Clowns x2
Midas Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
Carberryi Anthias x2

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chugging along...Got the Tunes Osomolator ATO installed and lines run. Need to adjust the head pressure on the pump I believe as it wouldn't pump in water when it said it was on. I need to some trouble shooting on that.

ATO%201_zps1ibkbjcu.jpg

ATO%202_zps6adcpzpb.jpg

Going to add in filter floss to the sump. This will hopefully help with the microbubbles coming from the skimmer(Skimmer is of currently, but the Cycle kit states to have it on). Started the cycle. Need to clean up some wires as well.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my first test tonight. Ph was around 7.6 and the all was 9. On the all does anyone use a Red Sea kit? On the card it looks like you add one drop and then look at the sample. Then add the remaining until it changes to the end. If I count the first drop the all is 9, but if not the all is 8. So is it the total amount of drops.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the ATO working and tested. added the filter floss at this point and hope to be able to remove it once the skimmer breaks in. Through some research i found that the SCA-302 works best around 8" depth. Checked mine this morning and found i'm at around 10" so i'll look to raise the skimmer this weekend.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to crazy happened this weekend. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to place the reactor installed, but the cycle continues tank is super cloudy due to the bacterial bloom. Doing a 5% water change today based on the Reef mature program.

Cycle_zpswoy69b3x.jpg

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change went well...all results were within what the program stated it should be. Got the overflow cover printed and will install it tonight. Also got my doser stand made as well. Check params on Thursday should be seeing nitrates at that point.

OverflowCvr%201_zpsinsq81rf.jpg

OverflowCvr%202_zpsqdc4q0ar.jpg

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the overflow cover installed. Need to sand down on the inside of one side to get it to sit down on the overflow.

111616%201_zpszjb499ws.jpg

Doser install and some lines run to the containers. Need to get 1/4" line in order for it to go through my line holder.

111616%203_zpsqavwgyjc.jpg

111616%202_zpsdh2c80f1.jpg

Algae bloom has subsided now the water is really clear. Testing for Ammonia, Nitites, and Nitrates tonight to see how the cycle is going. The NO3-Po4x is really working as there hasn't been a hint of algae anywhere.

111616%206_zpsnkqggrcz.jpg

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really nice now that water has cleared up

Thanks! Yeah i was hoping it was going to clear up quickly. So far the Mature Reef Program has worked well and been within params that it says it should.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some snail and crab friends this weekend. Also got my reactor mounted and lines run. I don't have it turned on just yet. I plan on hitting up the LFS and getting my first fish along with some more CUC as the LFS didn't have to much in stock.

112116%203_zpsqqtsgmpv.jpg

112116%202_zpsiyfq0j7w.jpg

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had several days off during the holiday hope everyone had good Thanksgiving. So i have possibly made my first mistake. Went to a black Friday sale at my LFS and picked up a few more snails, a cleaner shrimp, and...a scooter blenny :confused:. I blame it on the early morning and the fact that I couldn't get on the internet to look at a profile of the little guy. So upon reading the information i don't know how long i will be able to keep the little guy. Beautiful fish, but very picky apparently. I have ordered 6000+ pods from the algaebarn so that should at least sustain him until i figure out what to do next. From reading it appears that they are easier to get to eat frozen mysis than a mandarin, but no luck so far. I have been trying to get him to eat LRS Reef Frenzy but no luck as of yet.

In equipment news i got water running through the reactor (no media yet) and am working on a mount for the fuge light as i have also got some cheato coming from reef cleaners. Starting to get some diatoms on the sand and i have to do a 5% water change tonight. I have been able to take some pics with my Canon T2i and do some processing with Lightroom so i hope to have those pics up tomorrow.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Pics...Been trying to get a good pic of the Scooter but to no avail. cheato and 6000 pods are going to arrive on Thursday. Also raised my light to around 12" AWL and ordered a Artfully acrylic lid. That wont arrive until after the new year which after that is when I plan on getting the clownfish.

The reddish hugh below is the diatoms or cyano not sure which at this point. It has gotten a bit worse but nothing major at this point.
1122016-4_zpsqni3ssil.jpg

1122016-3_zps3esjve9y.jpg

1122016-2_zpstmd5pvkw.jpg

1122016-1_zpsckvnfh5k.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back