GHA and Nutrient question

Panicked Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently battling GHA. It has been a couple of months since my struggles with dinos. I am a bit reserved about running my nutrients at zero because of that. Between the GHA, corals, chaeto, and skimmer my nutrients are N03 0.0 and P04 0.04. Do to my dino experience part of me wants to add N03 but I believe that would be counter productive. What should I be doing?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your phosphates and nitrates should never be allowed to zero out ......ever . That being said at this point you’ll either want to dose or over feed to keep that from happening . In the mean time manual pulling of gha and increase your CUC to include Mexican turbo snails , tuxedo urchins , and increase your pods . I would also cut the time and intensity back on your lighting for a bit and possibly incorporate a UV if you can also take the cup off your skimmer for a while as well and just let the water overflow back into the sump if you have one for oxygen purposes , otherwise shut it off . Keep a eye daily on your perimeters . It will take time to fix but I think this way is best . Also if the tank is big enough you can also incorporate a good algae eating tang . Some will tell you to use chemicals ! . I’m not a advocate of that . I feel it creates bigger problems . Hope this helps . Good luck !!! :cool:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back