GHA, NOPOX, and Nutrients

I did let my di resin get pretty close to the end last time so maybe that's why. is it being high even that big of a deal?
Your RO test results show high silicon too. Is that the results from before changing your resin?
 
I did let my di resin get pretty close to the end last time so maybe that's why. is it being high even that big of a deal?

No, it’s not. I would not do anything about it unless you have problematic levels of diatoms.
 
No, it’s not. I would not do anything about it unless you have problematic levels of diatoms.
I have zero diatoms, just gha. I got 3 pincushions and a bunch of the turbos with the shiny cone on their shell. Id say about 70% of the rock is totally clean and white again. Just need to get in there with the brush again to remove the long bushy stuff and do another water change. You see anything else super problematic? Like the iodone and the iron?
 
I don’t see an iron result for the tank but none detected is not necessarily a problem.

Dosing iron and iodide will certainly not deter algae and may make it grow faster, but if you are concerned something else might benefit, it is easy enough to dose and see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new