GHL’s to do list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a different post @Vinny@GHLUSA eluded to an item “This is on our to-do list.”

This just begs the question: what features or items are on GHLs TO-DO list?

It would be nice to know what might be coming features/firmware wise.

The item Vinny referenced was: power monitoring per socket.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the top ones I'd like to see on their list:

All GHL equipment - Heartbeat to let you know if internet connection has been lost to the GHL servers.

Profilux Mini Wi-Fi specific - Alarm notifications

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am already pretty excited for the ion director, the new temperature unit, and auto feeder they have already announced.

if i a wish list that was further down.
-Their own powerheads that were controlled via pab cable so i dont need a break out box or some other connector purchased separately.
-mac support
-their own battery backup system.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Their own powerheads that were controlled via pab cable so i dont need a break out box or some other connector purchased separately.
I do not see the interest of spending energy and time to reinvent the wheel, there is already a lot of product on the market and the profilux can already control them in 10v and even directly in PAB for vortech from Ecotech .
-mac support
Historically I agreed but now I think it's better to continue developing the web interface that works on all computers rather than wasting time and energy developing software for mac what means that each update must be done in duplicate so uses twice as much time and energy
And there are several solutions to run GCC windows on MAC
(And I know what I'm talking about on mac)
-their own battery backup system.
What do you mean exactly? A battery for the Profilux?

Gaël

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All GHL equipment - Heartbeat to let you know if internet connection has been lost to the GHL servers.
@Vinny@GHLUSA answered on another topic:
Any type of heartbeat service? If power goes out, is there a way to know? Perhaps even something that tells me its not on the internet which will make me check my home via Webcam or router. Even if there is just an IP address or something to ping periodically to check (use something like uptime robot, etc)
We have the ProfiLux 4 powerline adapter which can be set to notify you in case there is a power loss. The ProfiLux can also be configured to run an emergency program that turns OFF all non-essential equipment. After power is restored, you will be notified and the controller will revert back to the normal settings. This is all doable as long as the controller and essential devices are on a battery backup.

Very soon we will have a next generation SMS module which comes with it's own backup battery. If the power goes out, the SMS module will detect it and immediately send out a text message even if there is no main power going to the module.
But I think it is easy for GHL to set up an email alert in case the profilux did not contact the MYGHL server for xxx minutes, what do you think @Vinny@GHLUSA ?

Gaël

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We cannot disclose a list of planned projects.
We will however listen to any suggestions you may have for us. Those can be emailed to [email protected]

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We cannot disclose a list of planned projects.
We will however listen to any suggestions you may have for us. Those can be emailed to [email protected]
Party pooper... LOL;Muted

I’ve posted allot of “wishes” on the GHL forum wish list section.. hopfully they look there too ;)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see the interest of spending energy and time to reinvent the wheel, there is already a lot of product on the market and the profilux can already control them in 10v and even directly in PAB for vortech from Ecotech .

Yes but many of which need some sort of DIY cable to get it to work. Little things like 10v cables for AI or Kessil would go a long way. DIY is easy enough if you've done it before, but its just a small example of things that are a massive turn off to potential adopters.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id purchase a autofeeder. still waiting.. and with the next discount code ill invest in the 4 fan breeze for prepping for next summer. also the heat/cool fan piece im interested in. but if its not out this year. ill be history on that and survive with just the breeze ;). of course future when tank is established with coral. KH and ion .. but thats probably 2 years out.. my doser will have to do until

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean exactly? A battery for the Profilux?
Gaël
I think a small battery backup between mains powers and the profilux (and not any devices) which had a port for the digital mains monitoring would be great value. Maybe even a 1 mains port to run your home router off (so in the event of a power out, your internet stays alive for long enough to alert).

The alternative would be myghl.com sending an email if it lost it's connection?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back