GHL 2.1 Doser Users

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is hands down the hardest piece of equipment I’ve ever tried to install. I have it up and running on my dosing schedule, and all the sudden the top colors are blinking white which I read means it’s internal hotspot is configuring and loading, well 2 days later it’s doing the same thing and now I’m locked out of the doser and can’t adjust anything. If any users have any insight it would be much appreciated!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never dealt with that before, mine just does its thing. @Ditto @Vinny@GHLUSA @Matthias Gross
I followed all the YouTube tutorial videos and just doesn’t seem to work like the vids. When the hotspot was on it wouldn’t let me connect and made me work “offline” I’m just confused! I’d think user error, but I have a lot of equipment (apex, trident, EcoTech live) so idk lol

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that GHL equipment can be pretty technical. I run Mitras lights and the doser....I love them both, but there is a learning curve for sure.

Their direct forum:

https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forumdisplay.php?3-GHL-English (you may need to translate)

You will likely get a faster and more detailed response there. It is likely you are overlooking something small, it has happened to me. Sorry I cannot be of more help, but working right with their forum will be far more helpful than I could be.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that GHL equipment can be pretty technical. I run Mitras lights and the doser....I love them both, but there is a learning curve for sure.

Their direct forum:

https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forumdisplay.php?3-GHL-English (you may need to translate)

You will likely get a faster and more detailed response there. It is likely you are overlooking something small, it has happened to me.
Thank you for this, I totally agree and feel like I’m just missing something small. I don’t want to come across as bashing the company I bought their equipment because the reputation so I’m not concerned just frustrated (not at them)

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this, I totally agree and feel like I’m just missing something small. I don’t want to come across as bashing the company I bought their equipment because the reputation so I’m not concerned just frustrated (not at them)

Believe me, I hear you. I have the same doser. One issue I battled for quite a while only took scrolling down. It may seem silly, but where the GHL equipment is highly customizable it can also be frustrating.

Their quality is rock solid, and you are not coming across as bashing them.

If their forum cannot help you, contact them directly. I have always had a quick response. They will usually point you towards the forum, but if you are having no success there they will go out of their way to help.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe me, I hear you. I have the same doser. One issue I battled for quite a while only took scrolling down. It may seem silly, but where the GHL equipment is highly customizable it can also be frustrating.

Their quality is rock solid, and you are not coming across as bashing them.

If their forum cannot help you, contact them directly. I have always had a quick response. They will usually point you towards the forum, but if you are having no success there they will go out of their way to help.
Perfect, thank you. I’ll read up on that forum tomorrow and see if I can’t get this figured out! Thanks again!

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect, thank you. I’ll read up on that forum tomorrow and see if I can’t get this figured out! Thanks again!

No worries at all. Best of luck. Follow up here....

I love the doser, and would like to see you enjoy it as well.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your having issues :(.

The WiFi hotspot has no connection to the internet and provides another way to connect to the device even if your wireless network is down when configured. The work offline message GHL connects is giving when you open it is its attempt when your on doser hotspot to connect to the cloud services when it can not your placed in local mode and when this happens you will notice you will not see your cloud connected devices on the connect list.

Do you know what version(firmware) software your using on the doser?

Also make sure you open a support ticket the GHL Support team is great and having multiple people help is never a bad thing!!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a thread over at their forum. Fingers crossed lol I was reading on their forums today and couldn't find anything like the situation I have. :(

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your having issues :(.

The WiFi hotspot has no connection to the internet and provides another way to connect to the device even if your wireless network is down when configured. The work offline message GHL connects is giving when you open it is its attempt when your on doser hotspot to connect to the cloud services when it can not your placed in local mode and when this happens you will notice you will not see your cloud connected devices on the connect list.

Do you know what version(firmware) software your using on the doser?

Also make sure you open a support ticket the GHL Support team is great and having multiple people help is never a bad thing!!
I do not know the software. Heres the run down: set up the doser on the phone app, set it up offline. couple days later the unit was blinking white. I tried to sign in and it would not let me connect saying "unable to establish a connection" I then plugged the doser into the laptop with the provided usb. when I signed into the site on the laptop it showed no devises, so I tried to click add devise and then it asked for a ID which I cannot obtain because I can't get into the doser to retrieve the ID.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have u tried hardwiring the doser? I had a similar issue when I first setup my unit. I had to hardwire the unit several times to make sure the ip and all settings were correct. If it works when it's hardwire the issue is most likely your ip settings.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have u tried hardwiring the doser? I had a similar issue when I first setup my unit. I had to hardwire the unit several times to make sure the ip and all settings were correct. If it works when it's hardwire the issue is most likely your ip settings.
Read above, when I hardwire the doser doesn’t show up, and it won’t let me add a devise without the ID

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it figured out thanks to reading the forums and other members having similar issues. I'd have to say GHL equipment is very high tech and definitely not plug and play lol.

dcinky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standalone 2.1 doser that I could not get setup via Wifi so went the usb route. Must the usb connection remain in place once the unit has been calibrated, and the dosing rate and schedule set?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standalone 2.1 doser that I could not get setup via Wifi so went the usb route. Must the usb connection remain in place once the unit has been calibrated, and the dosing rate and schedule set?

Once I set it up on my PC I unhooked it and use my phone, been using the phone ever since.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch their YouTube video it helped me set up the WiFi, only problem I’ve had is it doesn’t always connect when I’m outside the house trying to access the doser maybe like 1 out of 5

dcinky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch their YouTube video it helped me set up the WiFi, only problem I’ve had is it doesn’t always connect when I’m outside the house trying to access the doser maybe like 1 out of 5
Thank you

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No. You would only need to connect the USB if you wanted to change schedule or manually dose the pump.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back