GHL advice needed please

Daydreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I‘m looking for some advice please. I have been in the hobby for just over 9 years. This year I have upgraded my tank to a waterbox peninsula 4820. The tank is still cycling atm. It will be a fish with lps and softies tank.

I would like to have a GHL controller unit connected to it to monitor and control the temperature, auto top up, water changes, parameters and eventually dosing.

My tank is heavily EcoTech based (which I think I now slightly regret) as I read that they are preventing GHL from working with their products. So right now I’m a little unsure of the compatibility between GHL and my items (S2 vectra pump, MP40 x2, radion xr15 x2).

I have read and read, watched lots of videos, but I’m still unsure.

I’m heading towards the GHL ProfiLux 4 mega set but I think it maybe too much than what I need, so then I wonder if the 4e set would be better?

Then I become confused again by the equipment I already have and their compatible with the GHL.

Right now I need to buy a new heater as the one I’m using is just a temporary one from my old tank. I don’t want to buy single expensive items (such as a heater control unit, an auto top up unit etc) if I want to get a control unit in the long run.

It’s quite overwhelming and any advice would be much appreciated

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Day,

I don't think it's a big deal to have the ecosystems side by side. I'm using three systems actually. I have the GHL, Mobius and Hydros. It's a good way to have redundancy as well as using each products best features.

OP
OP
D

Daydreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Day,

I don't think it's a big deal to have the ecosystems side by side. I'm using three systems actually. I have the GHL, Mobius and Hydros. It's a good way to have redundancy as well as using each products best features.
Thank you

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is a GHL Vortech controller, but I am not sure if it controls the latest generation of pumps - you would need to check with GHL. It doesn't look like there is any connection available between GHL and the Vectra or Radions.

However, as tdhnry says, you can still run them side by side. In fact, that could be preferable in some circumstances (e.g. if your LED has more comprehensive control options than are available in the Profilux).

You can still plug everything into the powerbar. For example, you could set up leak detection to switch off the outlet that the Vectra is plugged in to; you just can't 'control' it.

You can also run heaters with their controller, and use the Profilux as a backup (or vice versa).

There are lots of different ways to use these products but it depends on exactly what you want them to do. I use the Profilux to monitor temp and PH, provide safety backups for temp and leak detection, control maintenance/feed modes, provide power outage protection and KHD/doser control. None of that requires particularly specific components (other than the dosers).

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I‘m looking for some advice please. I have been in the hobby for just over 9 years. This year I have upgraded my tank to a waterbox peninsula 4820. The tank is still cycling atm. It will be a fish with lps and softies tank.

I would like to have a GHL controller unit connected to it to monitor and control the temperature, auto top up, water changes, parameters and eventually dosing.

My tank is heavily EcoTech based (which I think I now slightly regret) as I read that they are preventing GHL from working with their products. So right now I’m a little unsure of the compatibility between GHL and my items (S2 vectra pump, MP40 x2, radion xr15 x2).

I have read and read, watched lots of videos, but I’m still unsure.

I’m heading towards the GHL ProfiLux 4 mega set but I think it maybe too much than what I need, so then I wonder if the 4e set would be better?

Then I become confused again by the equipment I already have and their compatible with the GHL.

Right now I need to buy a new heater as the one I’m using is just a temporary one from my old tank. I don’t want to buy single expensive items (such as a heater control unit, an auto top up unit etc) if I want to get a control unit in the long run.

It’s quite overwhelming and any advice would be much appreciated
I won't say more then this I'm in the market also same boat as you and what I found is ghl has some serious wifi problems

So if you don't care about remote control go ghl as far as I can tell they are good

But if you want to be able to connect to it while away without some sort of work around look elsewhere

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trolling other threads as well now?
Ever think your the troll

You and Lasse seem to troll me alot especially Lasse had him troll me for 2 years now arguing about everything I say

how about this you go your way ill go mine and if you see I say exactly what I meant to say

Also read my post before acusing me of anything I'm stating facts

Any smart person on here can type in ghl in the search bar and find 100s of the exact same problem that has not been fixed by ghl

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't say more then this I'm in the market also same boat as you and what I found is ghl has some serious wifi problems

So if you don't care about remote control go ghl as far as I can tell they are good

But if you want to be able to connect to it while away without some sort of work around look elsewhere
They don’t have serious Wi-Fi problems; stop spreading stuff about something you don’t even have….

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t have serious Wi-Fi problems; stop spreading stuff about something you don’t even have….

Just a few I could go for 10 pages of this same exact thing

So tell me again it does not have a problem with wifi

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go do the same for Neptune, you will find the same thing.
I agree that neptune also has wifi problems the difference here is that neptune was smart enoff to allow a hardline to be connected

And the wifi problem with apex system is not so wide spread

I was only able to find 1 case of the brain lossing connection from a hardline(bad brain)

And yes apex can be finicy just like ghl

And honestly I would go ghl if I was not for the wifi problem as remote control of my tank is the only reason I'm buying a controller

I am simply stating the facts I have found nothing more nothing less

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little unsure of the compatibility between GHL and my items (S2 vectra pump, MP40 x2, radion xr15 x2).
EcoTech silos their products. You are stuck with Mobius or Reef Link if you have these products.

That said you don't need to have all of your control in one place. You can use GHL to provide control over other things that might be on your tank. You just won't have interoperablity when with the two systems.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back