Ghl app down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish that the local connection wasn't dependent on the cloud at all, aside from periodic backups. It really feels veeeeeery slow by modern standards.

Tony

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish that the local connection wasn't dependent on the cloud at all, aside from periodic backups. It really feels veeeeeery slow by modern standards.

Tony
When I couldn't connect to myGHL devices the app went into local mode. The only devices shown where local. When it did this I'm not sure, but I don't think it tried to use anything from the cloud. I didn't do much other than log in and out of my devices to make sure I could. The connection was not slow.

Also, when the myGHL issue was present I still got my daily parameter text notification I have setup. So email notifications appear to not be affected by myGHL, which is good.

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now my profilux can't be reached through the web. Only wifi. I can't check in away from my house. What theeeeee
This happened today to me too. Is there somebody at home who can turn it off an on? this worked for me this morning after the myghl issues yesterday.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eh ill just do it when i get home at 8am....... ill unplug p4 and plug it back in... atleast wifi works so the other half was able to log in and check my KH for me and made changes via doser amount

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now my profilux can't be reached through the web. Only wifi. I can't check in away from my house. What theeeeee
This got me thinking of possible backup solutions if there are connectivity issues to the GHL servers or with the servers themselves.

One I was thinking of is remoting into my PC with TeamViewer. Then you have the option to get in via GCC or the webserver.

A laptop or other computer this will work just fine, not sure how functional the TeamViewer phone app is though.

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This got me thinking of possible backup solutions if there are connectivity issues to the GHL servers or with the servers themselves.

One I was thinking of is remoting into my PC with TeamViewer. Then you have the option to get in via GCC or the webserver.

A laptop or other computer this will work just fine, not sure how functional the TeamViewer phone app is though.

I am doing this now using Chrome Remote Desktop, it works great.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am doing this now using Chrome Remote Desktop, it works great.
A good idea. I'll have to take a look at that.
I keep meaning to get a cheap Windows laptop to have as a permanent connection.

Honestly though I never get around to it as the app keeps getting better so there are fewer and fewer reasons to do it.

Tony

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA any updates for the group here? My mobile app and webapp of myghl is not loading and giving me an error telling me to update to a newer version of the wifi module. I did the update but I continue to have issues.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Variant
Functionality was restored several days ago. I just checked on my devices and all were able to connect to myGHL via the app and browser without issue.

Power cycle your device. If you continue to have issues, create a support ticket.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Variant
Functionality was restored several days ago. I just checked on my devices and all were able to connect to myGHL via the app and browser without issue.

Power cycle your device. If you continue to have issues, create a support ticket.

Just opened a ticket. I cannot connect to myGHL still. For what it's worth, my P4 firmware is the latest (not the Beta), Wifi ESP update was done via updater tool. When in GCC, the connection status is all good (signal, client connection, etc.) but the only thing that is unchecked is "connected to myGHL".

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just opened a ticket. I cannot connect to myGHL still. For what it's worth, my P4 firmware is the latest (not the Beta), Wifi ESP update was done via updater tool. When in GCC, the connection status is all good (signal, client connection, etc.) but the only thing that is unchecked is "connected to myGHL".
As an update, my connectivity problem was resolved :) Pretty quick resolution!

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great news, but please share what the problem was so that others might learn.

My problem may be different than what others are experiencing so i would auggest opening a support ticket or going through the wifi troubleshooting process.

For me, the prpblem was with my DNS so I ended up using a generic one that was able to then connect to myghl. Mind you that I already had the latest firmware (non beta) and wifi module esp update.

Back