• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

GHL cancelling my IOND

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..... I get an email from GHL saying due to my continued dissatisfaction they're cancelling my IOND order and they refunded my money.

Yes I have been quite vocal about the delays in shipping the IOND I even wrote an open letter to them about it here.
Many people are upset about how long this is taking. The main reason for dissatisfaction? The role of silence GHL has taken uld start shipping this.
Many people have mentioned about emailing GHL about the IOND. They say if there is anything about IOND in the email it gets put in the trash bin.
So .......where does someone turn to to get an answer? I chose R2R along with others.

I personally received three or four emails saying I was next inline to receive the IOND and it would be shipped around a certain date so keep an eye out for a tracking #. Since late July after we were told it would start shipping end of April after a successful beta test.
Just to never see the tracking or get an explanation of why. Frustrating? Don't you know it.
The last email was they would be shipping the week of November 22.Its Wednesday. No tracking and Thanksgiving tomorrow, Black Friday the next day. So.....another promise that wasn't kept.

Again I voice my dissatisfaction on a thread here. Today I get the email they cancelled my order. Freedom of speech anyone????

Not only all of the above but last week we get an email from them telling us about how they won a first place award for the design of the IOND which was never tested by the people awarding such awards. Throw some salt in the wound GHL.

All I ever complained about was the lack of communication from them about what was going on. A lot of people have the same thoughts about this. I was the most vocal one about it and this is what I get for it. Apparently GHL loathes anything negative said about them and this is a way to squash it. If they think that will work they are mistaken. I will warn people any chance I have about how bad their customer service is. I guess they'll try to get me banned from R2R next.

Speaking of customer service........ Is this what they call customer service? If someone seems dissatisfied with something wouldn't you at least try to contact the person and see how it can be rectified? Apparently not by GHL's standard. I have about $3500 worth of GHL products and this is what I get for loyalty. That just got thrown out the window. I will strongly recommend to anyone to stay away from their products just on the basis of their customer service. It's a shame because their products are some of the best, but without good customer service it doesn't matter how good they are.

I run my own boat repair business, I'm successful because of my customer service. I don't advertise or have a need to. It's all word of mouth. I guess GHL feels they are above that and people will flock to them because their products are good. Let's see how that works for them. Caveat emptor!

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just might be a lawsuit here. Have to talk to a lawyer first. I'm surprised no one has taken them to court over this IOND thing yet. This is America.not Germany. Different laws here.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contractual issues with promises not kept.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course there's no answer from GHL on this. It's how they do customer service there.
Personally I'm glad to be done with all this nonsense. But I'm still mad as all get go for how they handled this.
It's quite apparent GHL reads posts and lurks in the background making judgement on people.
A company with good to excellent customer service would take what people critique and try to improve on that instead of deciding they don't want someone as a customer over what they say in forums.
People DO have a right to voice their opinions even if that said company doesn't like what they say. Especially in the concern of how they handled this IOND thing. Let one person say they have handled this well besides GHL which thinks they have.
I must say I have to question the legality of them cancelling my order over my dissatisfaction with this. Again let one person say they aren't dissatisfied with this. They don't want nor will they put up with any negativity directed at them. This is clear from their actions.

The whole beta test was done in complete secrecy, they chose the people to send beta units to based on how they would treat GHL and swore them to secrecy. Why else has nobody but maybe one or two people posted about it? And there's no real information from what they posted. They wanted people they could trust to not give any negative feedback. If a real beta test was done they would have sent beta tests out randomly. Let it be tested and let them post about it.

If this is the kind of company you want to spend your hard earned money with? Go for it.
In my eyes there has been nothing but lie, deception and control involved with the IOND "release"

Now for a little background of my experience with GHL for people on the fence about trying them out.
I have two Mitras lx7's, Two Mitras light bars and a P4 ultimate set.
For the most part everything works extremely well. After you figure out how to use them. One needs to be able to figure out the antiquated software issues. Once you do that it's good. Just don't expect to rely on customer service being anything close to reliable. Everything needs to go through their ticket system which is horribly slow. I had an issue when I bought my P4. A bad pH probe brand new out of the box. I knew what the problem was, unfortunately I had to go through the ticket system. Needless to say it took two friggin months to get a new probe.That didn't bode well with me from the get go.
I'm not using the PP4 to it's full potential. There's so much it can do. But I'm scared to try things because I now it'll take a month of Sundays to figure out how to do it. And there's no customer service to speak of for help. They how to videos, but they are the basic things. Forget about firmware updates. Don't even try that unless you a month or two to redo everything. My P4 loses its memory with wi fi or something every 6 months or so. I found I have to reset it and it's good again.
Those little help/ question windows in programming would work wonders instead of having to guess what something does in programming. Nope they're too stubborn and expect that everyone knows what they do instead of doing that.

Final thoughts: GHL could own the aquarium control market if they would just do better customer service and listen to their customers. Someone will come around with exactly that and the dependability of GHL equipment and eat heir lunch. Build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door. I'm waiting for that.

I know you read this. So....... How about a reply GHL. I'll keep adding to this thread until I get one.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The P4 ultimate set came with the Profilux touch. A display for looking at certain parameters in the tank. It's OK. I got used to having it. Well it went out, refused to come on about after a year and a half. I put in a ticket. They said the screen/ monitor was bad. They don't make it anymore so I'm out of luck. Someone on R2R was selling a new one and I bought it. It turns out the screen was fine. The interface module was bad. They probably could have sent me that then, maybe not.
I have the same kind of issues with the Vortec module. Every few months or so it won't connect right. I'll have to fiddle with it till it starts working right again. Then I'll have to do that for about a week. Then it goes to working for a while fine.

Moonlighting..........
Something that has never been quite right. It's based on how you program the light schedule. Which is OK if you are running one light fixture. If you run more than one fixture they all come on with moonlight making it way too bright. I have to run moonlight way down to make it work reasonable. Otherwise full moon is almost daylight. They have an advanced moonlight phase that I think only GHL knows exactly how that works. I've asked them to explain how it works along with others asking. Never got an acceptable answer. I'm thinking it follows the moonphase in real life. But it uses the LED's you have programmed to run daytime. So.....I noticed that the LED'S it uses would be off during the daytime hours. I don't know for sure.
Like I say, the programming is mostly a guessing game until you find what works.
I bought and have the equipment. I have to use it as it is and figure out how to make it do what I want. For the most part when you get it it's not so bad. It works but it's far from perfection.
I'm glad they refunded me on the IOND. I feel this is going to be an ongoing problematic thing they will or will not figure out.

Three - four months ago I was defending GHL and saying they'll get it right just give it time. After 3-4 times saying it's coming, keep an eye for tracking # i got frustrated and started believing they can't figure this out. I asked them for some info so people could make an educated decision on whether to get the refund or wait it out. Again NO answer. Updates about it that called for at least a few paragraphs of explanation were confined to a couple of vague sentences.
The latest update went on to explaining how they won first place in depth and at the end was a small paragraph of more vague shipping details.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't need GHL to be successful. I can do it with Orphek, Radion, Stratton Apex and possibly Hydros. I can spend my money where I like and with who I want.
PXL_20211127_212733420.jpg
PXL_20211127_212748300.jpg

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may come across as crass, I may come across as rude, I may come across as crude and opinionated. It doesn't matter to me.
I grew up in a time where ones word meant something. It was instilled in me by my parents. Don't lie. Mean what you say and say what you mean. I despise anything but the truth. When you lie to me you've lost my trust in you. A company that takes money and does that? This is the result.
Seems anyone these days says anything to pad their bank account. Get the money at all costs.
We all have to answer to what and how we live our lives at the at the end. And we have to sleep at night with what we did that day.
If you can sleep knowing what you did wasn't the absolute best? God bless you. May your soul be peaceful.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no answer from GHL. Imagine that!

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which does nothing but prove my lack of customer service complaint.
If this is the type of company you want to invest in? Good luck. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back