GHL Doser 2.2 Maxi: The Standalone ATO / Water Change Solution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ultimate Dosing Technology

The Doser 2.2 Maxi features superior precision, reliability and unmatched quality and is the perfect solution for managing a wide range of applications for your aquarium:
  • Automatic water change (AWC)
  • Automatic top off (ATO)
  • Dosing
... and so much more!

You have the choice: Use it as a Standalone unit - no controller needed - or connect it as extension now (or later) to a ProfiLux aquarium controller or another Standalone GHL Doser.

Check out our newest release video to learn more!

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this doser. I have the old Maxi and now the new Maxi 2.2. Sold build, quieter and the heads look cool while dosing.
IMG_1472.jpeg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Ultimate Dosing Technology

The Doser 2.2 Maxi features superior precision, reliability and unmatched quality and is the perfect solution for managing a wide range of applications for your aquarium:
  • Automatic water change (AWC)
  • Automatic top off (ATO)
  • Dosing
... and so much more!

You have the choice: Use it as a Standalone unit - no controller needed - or connect it as extension now (or later) to a ProfiLux aquarium controller or another Standalone GHL Doser.

Check out our newest release video to learn more!

price?

pvis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to set one up for AWC, same time in and out. What I don’t understand is that I cannot set the desired speed on a regular schedule. It will always dose at the max speed, not the set speed. This causes one pump to run longer than the other. Also it seems impossible to schedule large amounts for a single dose (max 3000 ml). Maybe I’m doing something wrong here?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to set one up for AWC, same time in and out. What I don’t understand is that I cannot set the desired speed on a regular schedule. It will always dose at the max speed, not the set speed. This causes one pump to run longer than the other. Also it seems impossible to schedule large amounts for a single dose (max 3000 ml). Maybe I’m doing something wrong here?
Hello,

Please open a support ticket, we will help you.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries (Guest login)

Gaël

Saith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Maxi 2.2 for AWC and do same time in and out. I have the dosing pumps set to individual times mode and mine uses the set speed. Support should be able to get you setup.

I was surprised it to find it has a max of 3000ml for a single does. At first I assumed there were some mechanical limitations to how long it can run without a break. But I don't think the 2 sensors method for AWC has any limit.

My water out pump is slightly faster, by 3ml per minute. It works out fine for me since I scheduled the water in 1 minute before the water out. It almost makes up for the minute delay.I want to make sure the ATO doesn't turn on.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was surprised it to find it has a max of 3000ml for a single does. At first I assumed there were some mechanical limitations to how long it can run without a break. But I don't think the 2 sensors method for AWC has any limit.
I was under the impression that the Maxi 2.2 had continuous use pumps. Maybe the 3000ml limit is strictly for dosing or AWC ??

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the impression that the Maxi 2.2 had continuous use pumps. Maybe the 3000ml limit is strictly for dosing or AWC ??
Both Doser 2.2 and 2.2 Maxi have a continuous mode. We even implemented this for users who have previous generation units (Doser 2.0 and 2.1).

The 3000ml limit is specific to a single dose event. If one wanted to dose 3000ml more than once per day, that is doable, but for normal AWC purposes, it's best to use our float or optical sensors. That way the sensors control when the pump starts and stops, not a volume amount. How much water it pulls out depends on how far apart the sensors are spaced.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could've missed it...but I haven't seen what sort of distance the 2.2 Maxi can handle.

I'm looking to do AWC from my garage about 60-70 ft of tubing with a 7 ft elevation (over a doorway) I'm sure this could handle just fine, but just looking for confirmation.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could've missed it...but I haven't seen what sort of distance the 2.2 Maxi can handle.

I'm looking to do AWC from my garage about 60-70 ft of tubing with a 7 ft elevation (over a doorway) I'm sure this could handle just fine, but just looking for confirmation.
50 feet is the max recommended distance from the pump heads. At 60 feet including a 7ft incline, it'll likely still work but you'll want to calibrate the pump so it factors in that distance.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back