GHL maxi 2.2 AWC help.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a Ghl maxi 2.2 and I am a little unsure if I have it set up right.

I originally had the schedule set up as automatic times, 4 doses of 3000ml starting at 3:50. I thought it would run all 4 doses back to back. But it appeared to do its own thing.
I would like one dose but it only lets me do a max of 3000 at a time.

I now have it set up set times one minute apart as seen in picture. Is there a different way to set up AWC? I just mirror pump 2 with pump 1. Thanks for the help

IMG_6066.png

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are ways to do AWC differently. I'm using another method myself. I can't comment about the maximum of 3,000 ml per schedule, but I'm doing the following using 2 float switches.

My 2 float switches are tied to Control circuit 2 with operation mode "ATO & water change", activated by Timer 8. I have Timer 8 under "Processes" set to initiate at 3 different time points (1AM, 4AM, and 7AM as wife does not like to hear the pumps during the day). Each of my dosing heads is tied to a virtual switch channel (e.g. 7 and 8).

1. Timer 8 initiates AWC at predetermined times.
2. ATO is turned off.
3. "Saltwater Remove" dosing head kicks on and removes water until the bottom flow switch is tripped, then turns off
4. "Saltwater ADD" dosing head turns on and adds water until top float switch is tripped, then turns off. ATO turns back on.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bit messy, but outlines the different items in my last post.

Control Circuit 2 is tied to Timer 8 for activation
Timer 8 has the schedule built into it (switch mode is set to "Event start")
Switch Channel 7 is connected to Control Circuit 2 as my "Drain water" dosing head
AWC Images.JPG

Dosing pump 4 is tied to switch channel 7 with appropriate pump settings for speed.
Switch channel 3 (ATO) is tied to programmable logic 11 so that it turns off during a water change event.
AWC Images 2.JPG

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bit messy, but outlines the different items in my last post.

Control Circuit 2 is tied to Timer 8 for activation
Timer 8 has the schedule built into it (switch mode is set to "Event start")
Switch Channel 7 is connected to Control Circuit 2 as my "Drain water" dosing head
AWC Images.JPG

Dosing pump 4 is tied to switch channel 7 with appropriate pump settings for speed.
Switch channel 3 (ATO) is tied to programmable logic 11 so that it turns off during a water change event.
AWC Images 2.JPG
Thanks, I have not purchased any of the control accesories yet. This is the only GHL device I own and so far I like it. I have it it set to do 4 3000ml doses back to back and I think I will add a few more. I am trying to get it to a gallon but it’s only doing a little over half of a simply orange bottle.

I have it dumping and filling at the same time. It pulls from first chamber of sump and refills at return pump. I’ll have to order float switches and see if I can get it to work better that way. Thanks for the info.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have not purchased any of the control accesories yet. This is the only GHL device I own and so far I like it. I have it it set to do 4 3000ml doses back to back and I think I will add a few more. I am trying to get it to a gallon but it’s only doing a little over half of a simply orange bottle.

I have it dumping and filling at the same time. It pulls from first chamber of sump and refills at return pump. I’ll have to order float switches and see if I can get it to work better that way. Thanks for the info.

Ah! I've just started the AWC in the last week but have had my P4 for about 18 months. The control is amazing. My AWC is about 2600ml but it's limited based on the spacing between my floats, not a schedule. I imagine I could do more volume if I increased the difference between floats.

Maybe @Lasse has some experience and knowledge with getting the doser to dose more volume or @Vinny@GHLUSA or someone else from GHL can chime in.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxi doser 2.2 should be able to run even in continous mode - at least at the lower speeds. With a slave and a main controller - your can use a timer and set the pump to react to a switch channel that react to that timer. SA units do not have any switch channels but as I know it - there are 2 timers. I have tested a work around with a SA doser 2.0 - latest FW. If you try this - you need to test before you run i sharp

First calibrate your pumps - note the amount you get for 1 minute. If you want to see your volumes and follow up - please fill in volume and mark Record dosing. Use speed 1 or 2 . speed 3 is only for shorter events. Pump should react to level control

1705742076433.png

Go to the level page Make this programming and save. Note inverted for the sensor (that you do not have)

1705741764798.png

Now to timer 1. If you want to change 10 L at one occasion - calculate the time it takes with the calibrated amount. In my example - 1 min gives 180 ml = 0.18 litre. 10 litre divided with 0.18 is around 55 minutes let us say that we will run the pump for 1 hour - 60 minutes - we will get 10.8 L (2.85 G). In my case we start the timer 09:00 and end it 10:00. Because we set the level indicator as inverted - it serve as a dummy in on status and will not change but when the timer window close - the pump stop. Note - of some reasons you can´t use seconds - it will only take minutes and if you do not want to do WC every day - you can uncheck the days you do not want it to work

1705742827286.png

This was the first pump - as an example the one that pump out the old water. The second should pump in new saltwater and if their is no huge differences in calibration and you want to do both events simultaneously use the same settings for pump 2 but if you want it to pump out first and fill afterwards - use timer 2 also, However still sensor 1 inverted This should be done if it huge differences between the calibrations too. Note if you do test in shorter intervals the pumps react in the upper scale - if you set 9.00.00 as start - it will often start 9.00.59 - and the same when it shout down

Her is my configuration for two pumps two timers. test period 1 min

1705744105170.png

The level functions - note that max time is zero - it means that there is no safety max time configured - if something goes wrong they will continue running. If you want to be more safe - set the max on to just above your wanted on time

1705744317153.png

The dosers. The blue marking is interesting. With latest FW - it should decide how much you want/minut -regardless of calibration result (as long as it lower than calibration). I have not test this but it could probably good in this case when you want same amount in as out

1705744618033.png

I have test this with a Doser 2 SA - I think it works for doser maxi 2.2 too - but you have to test before you run it sharp. I do not guarantee that it works

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxi doser 2.2 should be able to run even in continous mode - at least at the lower speeds. With a slave and a main controller - your can use a timer and set the pump to react to a switch channel that react to that timer. SA units do not have any switch channels but as I know it - there are 2 timers. I have tested a work around with a SA doser 2.0 - latest FW. If you try this - you need to test before you run i sharp

First calibrate your pumps - note the amount you get for 1 minute. If you want to see your volumes and follow up - please fill in volume and mark Record dosing. Use speed 1 or 2 . speed 3 is only for shorter events. Pump should react to level control

1705742076433.png

Go to the level page Make this programming and save. Note inverted for the sensor (that you do not have)

1705741764798.png

Now to timer 1. If you want to change 10 L at one occasion - calculate the time it takes with the calibrated amount. In my example - 1 min gives 180 ml = 0.18 litre. 10 litre divided with 0.18 is around 55 minutes let us say that we will run the pump for 1 hour - 60 minutes - we will get 10.8 L (2.85 G). In my case we start the timer 09:00 and end it 10:00. Because we set the level indicator as inverted - it serve as a dummy in on status and will not change but when the timer window close - the pump stop. Note - of some reasons you can´t use seconds - it will only take minutes and if you do not want to do WC every day - you can uncheck the days you do not want it to work

1705742827286.png

This was the first pump - as an example the one that pump out the old water. The second should pump in new saltwater and if their is no huge differences in calibration and you want to do both events simultaneously use the same settings for pump 2 but if you want it to pump out first and fill afterwards - use timer 2 also, However still sensor 1 inverted This should be done if it huge differences between the calibrations too. Note if you do test in shorter intervals the pumps react in the upper scale - if you set 9.00.00 as start - it will often start 9.00.59 - and the same when it shout down

Her is my configuration for two pumps two timers. test period 1 min

1705744105170.png

The level functions - note that max time is zero - it means that there is no safety max time configured - if something goes wrong they will continue running. If you want to be more safe - set the max on to just above your wanted on time

1705744317153.png

The dosers. The blue marking is interesting. With latest FW - it should decide how much you want/minut -regardless of calibration result (as long as it lower than calibration). I have not test this but it could probably good in this case when you want same amount in as out

1705744618033.png

I have test this with a Doser 2 SA - I think it works for doser maxi 2.2 too - but you have to test before you run it sharp. I do not guarantee that it works

Sincerely Lasse
Thank you sir for the detailed help. I have only connected to the SA maxi via the app, I will try and connect it to my computer and see if I have the options you have here.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - take down this program Its brand new and also contain new FW for your doser if you want to run it this way - but you can do it through the app or myGHL too. Interface is a little different but if you look closely - you can find all functions in the app too

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back