Ghl Float or optical sensor

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got my ghl profilux about 2 weeks ago got it up and running loving it so far but my cheap hydros ato decided it doesn’t want to work anymore so I’m going to set up my ato through my profilux my question is what sensors should I use optical or float and should I run 2 sensors ( high,low) or is 1 sufficient. Just wanting to go with the whats most reliable I travel a lot and want to know I’m not going to have to worry while I’m gone. any input from other profilux users would be helpful.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not run my ATO thru the GHL but I would think two sensors would be the most reliable.

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 2 sensor float. Works great and like you i spend a lot of time away from home

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Floats work great, and spend weeks away from the tank doing remote work and no issues. And with the additional feature of the safety max on timer you can not go wrong.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back