GHL help please.

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a GHL KH Director unit. I have been a hanna checker test for a few years and im sure this question has been tossed around a few times. This past week i have noticed a issue with my dKH testing. One day its 8.7 and the next day its 8.9. Its been a solid week with this up and down. Today i noticed my corals (full sps tank) not looking so happy. Checked dKH on the GHL app and got 8.9 dKH. Decided to test with the Hanna tester and got 7.2 dKH, wait what? I keep my tank stable at 8.3-8.5 dKH. I have watched numerous videos on setting this unit up and calibrating everything properly. I understand the testing method/peocess is completely different between the two but i would expect somewhat similar results. Any advice on next steps would be greatly appreciated. I do apologoze for this lengthy post.

Thank you.

IMG_20210715_210443.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Everardo_farias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a KHD. Best thing to do is to recalibrate Doser using a scale 1g=1ml and PH prob (if dosing pump is new, its best to calibrate after first week of brake in period . Make sure your Vent tube is not submerged in your waste container when proforming test. make sure your not testing at the same time you are dosing ALK.

Best luck!

Everardo_farias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WickedReefs one last thing. KHD should be mounted above sump. this is because it purges the water sample line back into the tank. you will get better accuracy.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back