GHL ION Director initial impressions

Robertoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remembered well then. The dosing pumps were misleading. But as far as I know, waste water can always be returned to the tank

Jgoal55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been reading so much about these machines. Had narrowed it down to Focustronic and GHL. This definitely pushes me in the GHL direction. Thanks for a great thread.

(not to mention that support from Vinny at GHL has been awesome)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,

This is a short video on the Reference A and B Bottles. Since I used the Reference A and B bottles as my dosing containers while testing the ION Director, I thought it would be good to let others know the size of the bottles which I believe will helps others determine placement. Per GHL you can use dosing containers as long as the containers don’t allow evaporation. I have also included some observations on initial setup and testing. Enjoy!!

Great video.
Do you have any idea how long these bottles last with, lets say, one test for each element per day?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CEReefer - A HDPE container will work, just have to make sure it does not allow for the Evaporation :).
At 4:49 in the video, it's like when Toto pulled back the curtain! ;)

Thanks @Ditto for the video.

One question, left to right, what is the overall width including the probe? Reason I ask, the original pics of the IOND showed the same probe as the KHD. And with the new probe being different, I'm wondering if the overall width is larger or smaller that the KHD, thanks. I had planned to put the IOND next to my KHD, but now I might have to rethink my layout.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 4:49 in the video, it's like when Toto pulled back the curtain! ;)

Thanks @Ditto for the video.

One question, left to right, what is the overall width including the probe? Reason I ask, the original pics of the IOND showed the same probe as the KHD. And with the new probe being different, I'm wondering if the overall width is larger or smaller that the KHD, thanks. I had planned to put the IOND next to my KHD, but now I might have to rethink my layout.
For IOND, you must leave at least 8.5cm on the right side otherwise the cable will be too bent

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Member No 1 - Was going to cover this in the Initial Setup, but 12-1/2 inches but 13 inches would be better, and that would not allow you to pull the probe all the way out say for example the cabinet wall was right at 13 inches.
ION_Ruler.jpg

@paul 1961 - You have two modes of testing. Normal Mode is 9ml and High Precession Mode is 14ml. I promise to explain both in a video specific to testing.

@Janci - To answer your question about 55 Days using normal mode. with a 500 ML Bottle of Ref A and Ref B. I need to Caveat this also not for the first set of bottles you receive with the ION D. During the initial setup and the preparing of the cell you will use a bit more Ref B then Ref A on the initial setup of the probe when you prepare the chamber.

Another question was asked of me is their a minimum amount of testing must we test once per day. Could we test every other day or once a week, once every other week, once a month.

If you wish to automate the testing you must do it at least once per day and can be automated to as much as 24 times a day. But you could set the automated testing to 0 and hit the Start measurement button manually. This would allow you to test once per week, twice per week, only on Saturday's etc. The recommendation is not to go beyond 2 week interval of no testing. So technically if you wanted to you could test just twice a month but I would also recommend High Precession Mode for those type of test.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Member No 1 - Was going to cover this in the Initial Setup, but 12-1/2 inches but 13 inches would be better, and that would not allow you to pull the probe all the way out say for example the cabinet wall was right at 13 inches.
ION_Ruler.jpg

@paul 1961 - You have two modes of testing. Normal Mode is 9ml and High Precession Mode is 14ml. I promise to explain both in a video specific to testing.

@Janci - To answer your question about 55 Days using normal mode. with a 500 ML Bottle of Ref A and Ref B. I need to Caveat this also not for the first set of bottles you receive with the ION D. During the initial setup and the preparing of the cell you will use a bit more Ref B then Ref A on the initial setup of the probe when you prepare the chamber.

Another question was asked of me is their a minimum amount of testing must we test once per day. Could we test every other day or once a week, once every other week, once a month.

If you wish to automate the testing you must do it at least once per day and can be automated to as much as 24 times a day. But you could set the automated testing to 0 and hit the Start measurement button manually. This would allow you to test once per week, twice per week, only on Saturday's etc. The recommendation is not to go beyond 2 week interval of no testing. So technically if you wanted to you could test just twice a month but I would also recommend High Precession Mode for those type of test.
@Ditto - Thanks for the info. I'll have to wait to see how it fits in person. It's going to be tight, I might have to reconfigure my entire cabinet.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a email back when I would get mine if I ordered today

shipping of IOND will start very soon. More details will follow in our official newsletter in the next days.

The shipment of IOND depends on when we received your binding order, shipments are in the order we got the orders.

It will take several months until all pre-orders are fulfilled due to the huge amount we have to produce.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

Another beta tester as also posted their initial impressions:

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised below is the Initial Setup of the Ion Director, Enjoy :)

I am wrapping up the Measurements, and final results now.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Special thanks to a user pointing out I forgot to include the Wastewater line in the video. I originally had it recorded and in the final edit removed it by mistake.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great but still no video of this thing performing a test. I don't know what about this is so difficult to see this thing in action.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great but still no video of this thing performing a test. I don't know what about this is so difficult to see this thing in action.
GHL has a video of the IOND performing a test, it has been out for about 6 months already..

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoying the video's and reviews. Good work! sorry if this has been mentioned, but is there a life span on the ion probe? and if so, how long will it last?

Thanks again

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefaplooza Orlando here it is in operation shipping end of May.

Attachments

• 00595FDB-A07B-4B86-A189-84F01916DD1A.jpeg
    00595FDB-A07B-4B86-A189-84F01916DD1A.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 67E06ABF-60A1-4980-8D30-4EF94CF84501.jpeg
    67E06ABF-60A1-4980-8D30-4EF94CF84501.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reference solution if not open they say 1 year but could also be longer. The probe will notify you when it needs to be changed, but they are recommending to buy a new one when you receive the notification and not buy one ahead time and store it it will expire just like PH probe.

Back