GHL KH director

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my internet from spectrum to google fiber and now I can’t connect. What do I need to change to make this work again?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my internet from spectrum to google fiber and now I can’t connect. What do I need to change to make this work again?

No expert here, but suspect different wifi versions may be impacting you. If you are on 5G can you try a different connection speed? Theory is based on unrelated equipment, so defer to others for other suggestions

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well crap, I guess I’m just screwed. This is my worst aquarium purchase to date. Why didn’t I go with Apex?

Last edited:

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to go into your modem and enable dual channel. No device (apex included) that I know of can connect to 5g service. Once you enable dual channel, name the 3g Reef Access; and you'll be fine.

Also, you didn't go with Apex because Apex sucks and GHL is better in literally every way. Be happy with your purchase.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to go into your modem and enable dual channel. No device (apex included) that I know of can connect to 5g service. Once you enable dual channel, name the 3g Reef Access; and you'll be fine.

Also, you didn't go with Apex because Apex sucks and GHL is better in literally every way. Be happy with your purchase.
I was on a mesh system before. Why would it change now? The name and password are the exact same. Nothing else in my house had to be changed.

I just got off the phone with google and they instructed me that it does both at the same time and there should be nothing stopping it from connecting to the 2.4g connection.

I really don’t get how everyone seems to have issues with their user interface and setting this up yet it’s better in every way.

Last edited:

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on a mesh system before. Why would it change now? The name and password are the exact same. Nothing else in my house had to be changed.

I just got off the phone with google and they instructed me that it does both at the same time and there should be nothing stopping it from connecting to the 2.4g connection.

I really don’t get how everyone seems to have issues with their user interface and setting this up yet it’s better in every way.
Connect the KH Director to your PC via USB and use the GHL Control Center to re-setup the Wifi. You'll be good.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What network equipment was swapped out and what remained?
If you are running the some SSID and password have your restarted your KHD?
Was the KHD on a static or dynamic IP address?
Is your wireless router seeming the KHD?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back