Ghl khd

coolfella trev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I’m new to forum . Just come across this section.

Is there anyone returning there sample water back to the aquarium ?

It is something I would like to do but no good at chemistry to work out if it would affect my corals .

Yes I could dose salt water back in but I have no spare doser or room tbh .

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water is contaminated with acid after the test. You see the testing reagent is acid. So returning it to the aquarium is not recommended.

Just keep in mind, that you are testing say 80ml per test (if using the default settings) and depending on how many tests you do a day, just add back that much saltwater. Lots of ways to add it back without dosing. When you make up your water change water set aside a few liters and just pour the lost amount back in every other day.

Over all the salinity shouldn't change much over each day unless you are doing all this to a 10G tank.

OP
OP
C

coolfella trev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi no it’s a 300 litre tank . Test just once a day at mo at 50 ml as I’ve only just purchased it .....

Once I’m happy it’s working properly I want to test possibly 4 times a day until I know what’s being consumed ...

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did have a long discussion of this when the device first came out, but cannot find the link at the moment. I’m not sure what most folks using it actually do.

The choice is between adding back a small amount of zero alkalinity seawater (very slightly depleting alkalinity and pH) and dumping it, very slightly lowering salinity (and alk by the same amount, but no pH change). The other possible concern is the purity of the acid involved if you add it back.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back