GHL Mitras for lighting

fin mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

The GHL Mitras are on sale for two more days. $639. That seems like a great price for such a powerful unit. I need some opinions to sway me one way or another. Should I buy two?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Hydra 26 hd's at $350 a piece and the Hydra's do a great job for me. How big is you tank? I have not seen mitras or heard anything about these light until you asked for options. I did go to the site and they look impressive. What I like about the Hydra is they have a small foot print, they are wifi and I can use an app to set the lights, lunar effect, lighting schedule with what ever ramp up I need, I can set the spectrum to what every I want, and my corals growth is great since I changed out in March.

OP
OP
fin mike

fin mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gal 4x2. I have an enclosed canopy and the Mitras are not designed to work inside a canopy. Eventually I am looking to upgrade to a 270 which will be 6ft x 3ft. Their spread is large enough to cover a 3x3 area. $160 bucks off their normal price is highly motivating.

ReefRocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GHL Mitras puts out tons of light and is the closest you can get to mimicking MH lighting. The spread, shimmer, and color blending is spot on and better then anything I've seen on the market. At the price it being sold for right now, it's a fantastic deal. If this will be placed inside a canopy, just make sure there is plenty of air circulation to avoid overheating problems with the fixture.

CaliAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 3 set up over an SPS runway and absolutely love them. Our client also had 3 on his 180 gallon SPS dominated tank with great success as well.

CaliAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 3 set up over an SPS runway and absolutely love them. Our client also had 3 on his 180 gallon SPS dominated tank with great success as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back