GHL optical sensor and fastener "version 2" installation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefingIsMyTherapy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a couple of GHL optical sensors to setup my ATO. I also purchased the sensor holder and 2 fasteners for the optical sensors (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/level-sensor-fastener-pl-lf-s12-optical-sensor-ghl.html).

However, the fasteners I received do not look like what I was expecting. I was expecting an angled fastener, but instead got these ones that are labeled "Version 2".

PXL_20211223_080427002.jpg

PXL_20211223_080629334.jpg

This fastener looks A LOT like the fastener for the floater sensor (https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/level-sensor-fastener/) so I'm wondering whether I got the wrong items. It could also be that I just simply do not know how to install the sensors using the fasteners v2.

This is by the way the optical sensor I purchased. It's also labeled "version 2"
PXL_20211223_080333652.jpg

PXL_20211223_080543547.jpg

I hope someone in this group can help me out to figure out how to install the sensors using these fasteners.

Thanks!

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely need the angle sensor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-035221_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-035221_Edge.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 56

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You received the correct parts. :)

The v2 Optical sensors can be mounted vertically or horizontally. What you received is for vertical mounting. Losen the locking nut on the sensor and slide the fastener between the locking nut and head of the sensor. Lock the sensor in-place by tightening the nut.

OP
OP
R

ReefingIsMyTherapy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You received the correct parts. :)

The v2 Optical sensors can be mounted vertically or horizontally. What you received is for vertical mounting. Losen the locking nut on the sensor and slide the fastener between the locking nut and head of the sensor. Lock the sensor in-place by tightening the nut.
Thanks! I didn't know the v2 sensors can be mounted either way.

smallreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to get a picture of the setup with the Version 2 sensors set up on the bottom with float on top? Trying to figure out which way the optical sensor should be facing.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V2 optical can be mounted vertically or horizontally. It all depends on which fastener you purchased. The V2 fastener is for vertical mounting. If you have the PL-LF2-S12, Angled fastener, that will position the sensor horizontally.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the pl-1894 the strait bracket. Do you point the sensor up or down?
It was always my understanding with an optical sensor, that it needed to be mounted horizontal, or if mounted vertical, the point should face up with the reason being if the point is facing down, a drop of liquid could remain on the tip of the sensor, and give a false reading even though the fluid level is below the sensor. This would be unlikely to happen mounted horizontally or point up. And of the two, horizontal is preferred.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back