GHL Powerbar plugged into extension?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Thekitchenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any issues with plugging the powerbar 6e mains supply plug into a surge protected extension lead?

I only have 2no wall sockets by my tank and my new build will require 17no plugs (including the powerbar. 6no go into the Powebar and I have 2no 6 gang surge protected extension leads. I was wondering if I could power the Powerbar from one of the sockets on the 6 gang.

I expect the answer is yes it is possible but not recommended - however would welcome comments on below proposal:

S1S2S3S4S5S6
Wall 1Powerbar 6 EGHL FanBackupGHL SlaveGHL SlaveFREE
Wall 2Profilux 4XR15 LightXR15 LightMP10MP10KHD
PB6HeaterNyos 120TorqVectra S2ClariseaUSB Power

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put powerbar 2 in another power bar switch channel (and also the p4) Be sure that you have configure initial state to on

1616074399930.png

Sincerely Lasse

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any issues with plugging the powerbar 6e mains supply plug into a surge protected extension lead?

I only have 2no wall sockets by my tank and my new build will require 17no plugs (including the powerbar. 6no go into the Powebar and I have 2no 6 gang surge protected extension leads. I was wondering if I could power the Powerbar from one of the sockets on the 6 gang.

I expect the answer is yes it is possible but not recommended - however would welcome comments on below proposal:

S1S2S3S4S5S6
Wall 1Powerbar 6 EGHL FanBackupGHL SlaveGHL SlaveFREE
Wall 2Profilux 4XR15 LightXR15 LightMP10MP10KHD
PB6HeaterNyos 120TorqVectra S2ClariseaUSB Power
No need to plug your Profilux into your powerbars. It’s a waste of a socket. Plug it into a computer BACKUPS instead. This way if you loose power it stays on connected to your tank. Also no need to plug powerbars into power bars. Dosers and KHD should also not be on a powerbar. Plug them into the battery back up. Both lights can go in 1 power bar socket.

Think of the power bars only as controllable on off switches. If you are just going to leave things on all the time only plug those items into a standard surge strip and or UPS.

Just my suggestions.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back