GHL Product delays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture posted about shipping was a whole container worth not just 3. Guessing those will go to the likes of BRS and whatnot, and not to individuals. If I see one in stock at one of the big places before I get my preorder I’ve waited this long for I’ll probably sell everything GHL i have because that would tick me off to no end. Individuals that ordered direct from GHL and not through others should be at the front. We basically gave them an upfront direct loan.
I feel that GHL will send the pre-orders first and foremost, before supplying the vendors. :)

Remember, the main vendors support Neptune...not GHL.

I will patiently wait for my IOND as I know it is a superior product to anything Neptune Apex. It is well worth the wait. I have not been waiting as long a most, only 2 months, but I knew going into pre-purchasing the IOND that their could be, and likely, their would be some delays, but look, it is being released, so the end of the tunnel is near. :)

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More then 3 of us received the email and not everyone who received the email will post :). We also have to assume not all the people who received the email are R2R member.

I would not worry about retailers getting it before preorders. GHL made it quite clear preorders are first and agree with @Billldg assessment :)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel that GHL will send the pre-orders first and foremost, before supplying the vendors. :)

Remember, the main vendors support Neptune...not GHL.
Agree!
I will patiently wait for my IOND as I know it is a superior product to anything Neptune Apex. It is well worth the wait. I have not been waiting as long a most, only 2 months, but I knew going into pre-purchasing the IOND that their could be, and likely, would be some delays, but look, it is being released, so the end of the tunnel is near. :)
You would not be as happy if you had waited 2 years like the rest of these guys.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More then 3 of us received the email and not everyone who received the email will post :). We also have to assume not all the people who received the email are R2R member.

I would not worry about retailers getting it before preorders. GHL made it quite clear preorders are first and agree with @Billldg assessment :)
Yes but we also know that most of the R2R guys including the ones who posted on here that they got an email were all there on day one posting that they had Pre-Ordered. Maybe some people are keeping silent, I have no idea why! We had a lot more than three forum members order on day one and most of them did not seek a refund.
It's likely that GHL just does not have enough units coming in to satisfy all the day one orders from R2R

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree!

You would not be as happy if you had waited 2 years like the rest of these guys.
I agree and understand the frustration, but myself being a Apex groupy at that time, YES I am a new convert, even I know that the presales have only been going on for several months. The epidemic didn't just affect us, it effected businesses as well. I am only asking for some understanding in this, and I feel that when we all get the IOND, everyone will be saying...YEA...This is the bomb and will never be topped!!! :) :) :)

Last edited:

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, its being shipped now...LETS ALL know that we will get it soon and laugh at the Apex fanboys. ;) :p ;Hilarious :cool:

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but we also know that most of the R2R guys including the ones who posted on here that they got an email were all there on day one posting that they had Pre-Ordered. Maybe some people are keeping silent, I have no idea why! We had a lot more than three forum members order on day one and most of them did not seek a refund.
It's likely that GHL just does not have enough units coming in to satisfy all the day one orders from R2R
I figured there would be a little more excitement about getting the email. Everyone seems kinda quiet?

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree and understand the frustration, but myself being a Apex groupy at that time, YES I am a new convert, even I know that the presales have only been going on for several months. The epidemic didn't just affect us, it effected businesses as well. I am only asking for some understanding in this, and I feel that when we all get the IOND, everyone will be saying...YEA...This is the bomb and will never be topped!!! :) :) :)
2 months? Try 1 1/2 years Ago I paid for it….

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months? Try 1 1/2 years Ago I paid for it….
Like I said, WE were not the only one's effected by the epidemic. I know GHL is trying the hardest to get the IOD out to those that preordered it. You have to remember, they are trying to compete against Neptune, in such, they will try to beat them in everyway. Distribution is not only limited to quantity of IOND's, it is also limited to the parts needed to build the IOND and the outsourced items needed to build the IOND. I understand your frustration...and...so does GHL, but we have to be understanding. WE all are just coming out from the vail that was casted over ALL of us with the Covid pandemic. GHL is working at there maximum to get the IOND out to those loyal GHL users that pre-ordered it. No I am not getting paid to say this...The lord knows I can use it to do the switch from Apex to GHL, LOL...I just understand. :)

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me in everything I say, I am one of the most impatient people out here. Saying that, I am also understanding. I realize that things are not always that simple. Being a mod on R2R, I have had to learn that your way is not always the right way...meaning MYSELF. You have to understand that you are not the only person that can be affected. It took me a bit, but I quickly learned, and such, I see that a I may not be the only reefer effected. I say this because Covid not only effected us reefers, it effected ALL Vendors attached to reefing as well, and the employees that work for every single vendor that supplies us with our reefing items. This is said with the UPMOST respect and understanding.

I bring this up because I feel GHL will do...AND IS DOING...everything possible to get the IOND out to those that loyally preordered it. I also feel GHL understands that the loyal GHL fanbase is the root that will help further build the brand.

I just ask you to give GHL some time to get the AWESOME IOND out to you. :)

Last edited:

Rst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed and paid for my order (from Sewatec A.E. Germany) for the IOND May 28,2021. Of course, not expecting receiving mine until most others receive theirs. So there is at least one more R2R reefer who placed his order.

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to side track a bit but

if you need 3 pumps for the test, do i need two slaves (i have a standalone on with my khd) to be able to dose calc & mag (i assume it works the same way as the khd and does the dosing s well?)

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to side track a bit but

if you need 3 pumps for the test, do i need two slaves (i have a standalone on with my khd) to be able to dose calc & mag (i assume it works the same way as the khd and does the dosing s well?)
It takes 3 dosing heads to run a khd.
It takes 3 dosing heads to run ion D.
The doser to run either can be an SA or a slave it doesn’t matter.
most people use a Doser per tester and have the 4th head as a spare in case of issue. You only need 1 SA doser or a Profilux per complete connected setup. You could run each tester as it’s own independent system if you wanted with a SA doser in each grouping. They just cannot be linked unless one is set as a slave unit first.

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks HunnyBear

my preferred option is balling light so dose three separate chemicals
i use the 4th head to dose alk on the khd
i will get a slave to run the iond so will again have 1 spare head to dose calc and therefore need a separate slave just to dose mag ?

is that correct ?

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks HunnyBear

my preferred option is balling light so dose three separate chemicals
i use the 4th head to dose alk on the khd
i will get a slave to run the iond so will again have 1 spare head to dose calc and therefore need a separate slave just to dose mag ?

is that correct ?
Correct.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated email today from GHL.
Awaiting shipment to be picked up by the carrier in Germany.
So............... Another 2 week delay.
Imagine that.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an e-mail from GHL to update my gcc software to improve Readings for something I have yet to receive. At the end it said may be up to 2-3 months till get it.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received an e-mail from GHL to update my gcc software to improve Readings for something I have yet to receive. At the end it said may be up to 2-3 months till get it.
The good news is hopefully it’ll be updated for you on initial shipment since your that far out from receiving it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back