GHL Profilux - S-Port

firechild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to utilise one of the S-Ports in a project I'm working on. However, I can't work out how to switch these. My understanding was that S1-4 was controlled by switching channels 1-4 and S5-8 used switching channels 5-8, although in the app, when configuring digital devices it notes S5-8 were outputs 25-48 so perhaps this means switching channels 25-28? If anyone can clarify this, that would be appreciated.
So, I have connected a 6 wire RJ12 cable to S1-4 and used a multimeter to test the switching channels. I have tried switching channels 1-8 and 25-28 manually but I'm not getting any voltage on any of the pins.

I can't find anything in the GHL guides that helps with this. Any guidance with this would be amazing.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions for the breakout box shows the pin out. @Lasse might be able to help you.

1713282686514.png

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you going to do with the function? Manage a relay? If i remember right S1-4 was switch channel 1-4 and S5-8 was switch channel 5-8. If you use these S-ports you can`t assign the to power bars and pumps (PAB devices) You need to assign first PB to 5 or above if you only will use S1-4 in your application and to 9 and over if you will use both S ports

As I understand it - You should not activate digital devices in this menu. NO marks here - It should look like below - no activation.

1713293803254.png

If you activate this S1-8 will act as a ports for digital communication - it was a digital system that was in use before PAB. It works still if you have digital power bars from the stone age and for the old Doser 1. Unactivated - S1- 8 will work for relays and so on. If you have activate this - deactivate and measure again

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
firechild

firechild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions for the breakout box shows the pin out. @Lasse might be able to help you.

1713282686514.png
Thanks. That's what I used to design my PCBs.
What are you going to do with the function? Manage a relay? If i remember right S1-4 was switch channel 1-4 and S5-8 was switch channel 5-8. If you use these S-ports you can`t assign the to power bars and pumps (PAB devices) You need to assign first PB to 5 or above if you only will use S1-4 in your application and to 9 and over if you will use both S ports

As I understand it - You should not activate digital devices in this menu. NO marks here - It should look like below - no activation.

1713293803254.png

If you activate this S1-8 will act as a ports for digital communication - it was a digital system that was in use before PAB. It works still if you have digital power bars from the stone age and for the old Doser 1. Unactivated - S1- 8 will work for relays and so on. If you have activate this - deactivate and measure again

Sincerely Lasse
I'm connecting to a transistor array instead of relays but the same principles apply.
This was the exact answer I was looking for, thank you. I had the check box ticked for digital device on S1-4 which explains why it was not working. I have unchecked this and things are now working as expected.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad that I could help you

I have been using GHL since 2009. First P2, P3 and now P4. One of the good thing with GHL is that they put in a lot of effort to do new equipment backwards compatible. That´s the reason why a configuration that probably 99.9 % of the users do not use still is available for those that still are in the stone age with some of the equipments. I know people that still use these old no PAB digital power bars and old dosers with no problem - both with P3 and P4.

Sincerely Lasse

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back