GHL Question

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im considering the GHL for my system build. but have a few pre-purhase questions.

if i were to connect a PC to the Profilux4 ( via USB) all the time, would the PC monitor (TV) act as an external display. (Forgive me if this is dumb questionI like the idea of an APEX with the external monitor; but making this the GHL version)

Also, if this also works and the PC is newtworked via LAN cable.. would that be also connect the GHL ( i.e. if i remote access my PC , would i be able to control the GHL) ( as a redundant backup for WIFI issues?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im considering the GHL for my system build. but have a few pre-purhase questions.

if i were to connect a PC to the Profilux4 ( via USB) all the time, would the PC monitor (TV) act as an external display. (Forgive me if this is dumb questionI like the idea of an APEX with the external monitor; but making this the GHL version)

Also, if this also works and the PC is newtworked via LAN cable.. would that be also connect the GHL ( i.e. if i remote access my PC , would i be able to control the GHL) ( as a redundant backup for WIFI issues?

I run a GHL pump and I can tell you it is a nice solid piece of equipment. However, they are a PITA to get online, or if a problem arises. That said, I don’t have many (if any) problems.

I’d go with the Apex personally unless GHL figures out a better way to help get folks setup. Everything requires a ticket to be fixed or get help which sometimes can take a little bit. Too get things online you almost need to be a computer programmer.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

An always active USB connection is one way to do it. If you want to go the wireless route, grab any tablet, download GHL Connect onto it and mount it to the wall near the tank. You can set the tablet to connect directly to the ProfiLux hotspot and show the dashboard.

For remote access, you can use myGHL. If the internet goes down while home, you can still connect via the controller's hotspot. If it goes down while you're away, you can leave the USB cable connected to the laptop and you remote into it using whatever software you want to use.

Any help you need, check out the Knowledge Base. There you will find a vast amount of how-to guides from initial setup to the more specific kind of control setup guides. If you don't find it there, just reach out to us and we'll help you out.

OP
OP
NoviReefGuy

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An always active USB connection is one way to do it. If you want to go the wireless route, grab any tablet, download GHL Connect onto it and mount it to the wall near the tank. You can set the tablet to connect directly to the ProfiLux hotspot and show the dashboard.

For remote access, you can use myGHL. If the internet goes down while home, you can still connect via the controller's hotspot. If it goes down while you're away, you can leave the USB cable connected to the laptop and you remote into it using whatever software you want to use.

Any help you need, check out the Knowledge Base. There you will find a vast amount of how-to guides from initial setup to the more specific kind of control setup guides. If you don't find it there, just reach out to us and we'll help you out.
Thanks...

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went straight to GHL. Never had issue had some funny things and yes app and that flaky but hardware is rock solid Static IP helped alot. Thats my 2 cents

Back