GHL Shopping List!

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I've come to the point where I'd like to automate my tank and I want to go with GHL products. I have read several posts about what to buy, but I'd like to get a personal account for my tank, needs and try to make a bulk purchase. I would really appreciate your time and input. My main concerns are maintenance and safety of my animals, especially if we go on vacation.

I'd like to be able to control the following:
Deltec 1000i skimmer- cup leak detection
Tunze 3155 ATO
Red Dragon return pump- detect if the water is too low or high in the return.
2 Cobalt heaters
Orphek lights and AVAST auto feeder if it's possible to hook up to the controller.

My MP40s are on my Reeflink.

My GHL list is as follows:

ProfiLux 4e starter set
2.1 Slave doser
Dosing tubes
Tube holder
GHL interface Adapter for Red Dragon
PAB cable
PH cal 9

Level float sensor and mount. I need it for the skimmer cup and by the return pump so I'm not sure how many I need.

Just a little confused on what cables and accessories I need to purchase to hook up my equipment to the controller and if it's all compatible. Thank you so much for your time!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the optical sensor for the skimmer. It is way more sensitive Than the float switch. It can take a good inch of movement with the standard float switch for it to work. The optical works in 1/8 of an inch range

M

Max_nano

View Badges
I would reach out to @Vinny@GHLUSA and he can help you out. I spent the time trying to plan my order out and he saw the invoice and caught some mistakes I made. Like if you use a level sensor splitter they have to both be optical or float, and I ordered one of each which wouldn’t have worked. It was nice that he noticed that in my order and helped me correct it before things shipped.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back