Ghost ribbon eel not eating

Gwolter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a ghost ribbon eel about 4 days ago. He’s about 10 to 12 inches long and he looks healthy. I asked the store that I got it from to feed the eel in front of me before I bought it and he ate but he hasn’t shown any interest the past couple days. Till today he took a Silver side and he ate it but I looked back in the tank 30 mins later and he threw it up. I know from everything online that it’s hard to get them to eat So Idk what to do.
I also just got a pvc pipe for him and he loves it so that’s good

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 days isn't that long for a healthy eel, how long was he at the lfs. Because of the propensity of fish like these coming in with internal parasites, I like my predatory fish to eat right away. These guys can also be difficult to feed and when moved, will reset to needing live food to settle back in. A live molly would be best, if you can find the right size; guppies are fine as well, and live ghost shrimp

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back