Giant Squamosa Clam For Sale

sdheath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After almost 10 years back into the hobby I'm thinking about taking a break or going small. But I can't consider breaking anything down until I know my Squammy will get a good home.

You'll need some real estate in your tank if you're thinking adopting this bad boy. This clam is, with its mantle fully open, 14 inches long by about 10 across. Closed up it is 10"x7"

I have had it for 3+ years, during which it has pretty much doubled in size. It is in perfect health with plenty of clean, white fresh shell growth. It's always the first thing other reefers notice, and many have asked about buying it over the years. It has a cute hitchhiker coral (pictured below) that's been there since I got it. It has grown from 1/4" across to almost an inch. It has never caused any issues and I'm confident it is benign.

I'm looking for $200 but I will consider offers from those having enough room to keep it and the commitment to do so. Pick up in Simsbury.

Look at the 50 head Rasta colony below the clam for size reference...
20160528_164107_zpslw9rbyaq.jpg

20160528_164221_zpsh7zjw546.jpg

Hitchhiker, about 1" across
20160528_170637_zpsqq5ehy8d.jpg

If Squammy gets a new home I may be the author of the next "Getting out, everything for sale" thread. Unless T5PO talks me out of it again. We'll see...

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a nice size one at a great price for a while. I would take it in a heart beat if I was close. I'm in texas

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back