Giant Vermetid Snail on Clam?

Rubymoon286

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2019
Messages
383
Reaction score
687
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a massive crash of the big tank, and decided to restart it after cleaning the rock, the survivors got moved to this 20L for a few days while we work on the big tank. I'm preparing to move things back over and cleaning up the rocks and shells getting moved back in, and I noticed this sucker on my clam's shell.

What is the best way to remove this without harming the clam shell? I don't want to force it to burrow into the shell from gluing it, but I am at a loss because of how entwined in the clam's shell.

20240703_142623.jpg
20240703_142948.jpg
 
Take the clam out get a pair of plies and crush the snail shell, or get a metal spoon and knock the snail off or break the snail shell open (swing is side way, parallel to the clam shell surface). Once the shell is broken, the fish will finish of the snail in no time at all (or you can do it)
 
Take the clam out get a pair of plies and crush the snail shell, or get a metal spoon and knock the snail off or break the snail shell open (swing is side way, parallel to the clam shell surface). Once the shell is broken, the fish will finish of the snail in no time at all (or you can do it)
Perfect - I'll do that - I just wanted to be sure that the usual method of manual removal would be safe and not destroy the clam's shell :)

Thank you!!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new