Giesemann vervve

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to my earlier comments with one light having trouble, CoralVue made good on the warrantee and I have a new light on the way!

I'll echo what other have said that I have trouble with the bluetooth software connecting from time to time, but I am loving these lights, I would definitely recommend them to anyone that is in the market.

@Seame wonderful review, thanks!

Seame

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running Blues about 85%,UV about 65% Red at 45% and white I just recently turned down to 20% from about 30. I need to get a freind over to check some par readings.

Something I discovered. I have three vervve pluss and to get them all dialed in at the same level I open the one I want to use and download theater setting. Then disconnect and search for the next light. Select day adjustment and the settings from the previous light automatically show up. I simply upload and then the second light is the same. Repeat for more.

Still wish I could save some different patterns though and select when I want them.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old Thread but I just got my tank running last Sunday. How is everyone likeing these Lights, I have a master and a slave over a 90 rimless tank

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like them but am still working on how to update the firmware. I have my lights dialed down a bit, especially on the whites and cyano issues went away and coral seems to be responding nicely to it.

I have tried many different settings and Im liking this the most at the moment. I work from home, starting at 9am so I have most of my active light while Im sitting here and able to look at it all day. Note: 100% anything seemed to be far too powerful for corals.

Giesemann_VERVvE.png

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like them but am still working on how to update the firmware. I have my lights dialed down a bit, especially on the whites and cyano issues went away and coral seems to be responding nicely to it.

I have tried many different settings and Im liking this the most at the moment. I work from home, starting at 9am so I have most of my active light while Im sitting here and able to look at it all day. Note: 100% anything seemed to be far too powerful for corals.

Giesemann_VERVvE.png
Thanks for the Info I love the look of these lights. I have them connected to my phone and played a little bit with it but I guess I will need to buy a tablet it's hard to adjust on my phone. I will proably ask you some quetikons if you don't mind later. Right now my lights are off tank is cycling, so it will be a little while.

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Info I love the look of these lights. I have them connected to my phone and played a little bit with it but I guess I will need to buy a tablet it's hard to adjust on my phone. I will proably ask you some quetikons if you don't mind later. Right now my lights are off tank is cycling, so it will be a little while.
Sure thing, no problem. They also make an Apple OSX and I think Windows app as well that you might want to try before buying that tablet if possible. I use them about 50/50, somethings seem to work better on one version or the other.

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GaZZaW to be honest I've been considering lowering my whites as well and maybe your question will be the motivation I needed to give that a go today. Are you happy with your lower whites?

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll add that the reason I've considered lowering my whites is that I always have a little cyano stickling around, no matter what I do and Im thinking it's due to the higher whites at this point.

GaZZaW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GaZZaW to be honest I've been considering lowering my whites as well and maybe your question will be the motivation I needed to give that a go today. Are you happy with your lower whites?
Seems to be ok, I just dont seem to get the growth that i see on other youtube channels, for example montipora plate growing at an astounding rate. Mine dont.

GaZZaW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll add that the reason I've considered lowering my whites is that I always have a little cyano stickling around, no matter what I do and Im thinking it's due to the higher whites at this point.
I still get cyano at 30% whites when my nutrients are out of balance.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 of them (3 on my DT and 1 on my frag tank) and I'm really liking them so far. I bought 4 of the plus models (they were actually cheaper than buying the regular ones at the time) thinking they could still put the other masters into slaves but sadly you cannot yet. I am hoping a firmware change in the future might fix that.

I have one light the might be overheating a bit (seems like it doesn't follow it's schedule to shut down at night and I just noticed it's power base is making a loud hum - I am going to follow up with them on that to see if they know what it is.

Overall I love the lights and think they provide a very pleasing color and I think they will have plenty of light for anything that I intend on keeping (will be mostly SPS). I haven't begun tweaking the various levels or lighting times or even setting the moon cycle but I will be in the near future.

I have three on the arm mounts and one using their cable mount and I like both styles. I did have to make a small modification but grinding down some spacers a bit on the arm mounts as they were too long to actually allow the screws to attach to the lights.

The power blocks: Please forgive the mess of cables, Im working to clean them up. The power blocks are on the large side and get a little hot, so I've mounted them on the wall just outside of my tank stand to allow for better heat dissipation.

IMG_20170109_103600.jpg

Frag tank: Here you can see I have the cable mounts setup, I haven't cut them to size yet and I haven't used my PAR meter to determine exactly how high this will end up being.
15983e8438a81fa91cc1.jpeg

My Display Tank: Loving the light spread I am getting with this setup and I am confident I wont have any trouble with shading on my SPS that will be going into the tank soon.
15983e866c753af5b032.jpeg

IMG_20170109_103600.jpg

@seastar I'd love to ask you a question since my build since I am ready to buy my lighting system for my new SCA 150. I wanted to get some feedback on how you clamped on the middle Vervve since you have a external overflow box like I do on my SCA 150.
i ONLY HAVE AROUND 2'' for the bracket to clamp onto my tank! Also, I heard you can mount this light with the mounting brackets so it's not clamped to your rimless tank!

ExternalOverflow#2.jpg

12010.jpg

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@seastar I'd love to ask you a question since my build since I am ready to buy my lighting system for my new SCA 150. I wanted to get some feedback on how you clamped on the middle Vervve since you have a external overflow box like I do on my SCA 150.
i ONLY HAVE AROUND 2'' for the bracket to clamp onto my tank! Also, I heard you can mount this light with the mounting brackets so it's not clamped to your rimless tank!

ExternalOverflow#2.jpg

12010.jpg
That's going to be a Really nice setup!

Forgive the intense blue in the photos, (had to take these quick while working).

Photo #1: It slightly touches one of the return pipes (never been even close to a problem)

images_jpeg_and_Giesemann_vervve___Page_2___REEF2REEF_Saltwater_and_Reef_Aquarium_Forum.png

Photo #2: had to cut out the overflow cover a bit (used a dremel slowly working away a little at a time for a really tight fit)
images-1.jpeg

Photo #3: I kept my take a couple inches of the wall this time around (learned the hard way last time when something would accidentally fall back there) so no concerns there. The adjustable screw in the back only needs about an inch anyway.
images-2.jpeg

Fish4udog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the master and the slave lights 4/19 wanted to give it 6 months before I posted. went with the preset deep blue only changed whites down 20% from where they had whites 70 to 50 & 50 to 30 using their graphics. Have had better growth than when I was running my ATI 6x54 t5
I run a 120 gallon mixed reef

20190216_184003.jpg 20191124_123505.jpg 20191124_102412.jpg

Phamousreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For anyone who thinking about getting this fixture and wonder about the performance, here are a few pictures, I like the grow and the colorations so much I decided to go with the giesemann vervve for my new build !
7444D61F-592D-4D9F-9AED-EE8C4AB6D528.jpeg
711263CC-6CDF-4BB0-B9F2-675386D3F10B.jpeg
E3C4D92B-1F4B-416F-8929-8D187D0E9B3C.jpeg
59083BD9-72B7-4EEC-A314-683B8294C5F1.jpeg
A64675F9-BFD0-4A85-8B05-11B5D769F29D.jpeg
EBFD994A-B57D-4D8D-A4C3-44DC8E03F989.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back