Gill flukes

Adriifu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a royal gramma in quarantine right now. I’ve been noticing that he scratches the area around his head against several objects. This is the only symptom I’ve seen as of yet. I was assuming it to be gill flukes, but I don’t want to jump to any conclusions. I’d appreciate it if someone could help. Thank you :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that’s the way to go? I’d be really scared to kill the poor thing..
Yes, they handle it well. It’s always nerve racking the first time or two, especially because many fish “play dead” during and then are fine almost immediately afterward.

Do the dip in a dark bucket and look for small “sesame seed” looking things coming off.

OP
OP
A

Adriifu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they handle it well. It’s always nerve racking the first time or two, especially because many fish “play dead” during and then are fine almost immediately afterward.

Do the dip in a dark bucket and look for small “sesame seed” looking things coming off.
All right, thank you. I’ll do the dip tomorrow afternoon, as I have no time at the moment. He can wait, right? He looos overall healthy at the moment. Also, what do I do if I don’t see anything come off?

EDIT: Wouldn’t it be less stressful to use PraziPro?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy to read you are using a quarantine process. You will find the threads and articles at the top of this subforum to be remarkably educational and helpful. please read, read, read. Fascinating stuff really. It will help you become the proficient part time pharmacist and veterinarian you will need to become in order to successfully keep a box of water with fish in it. Happy reefing. and welcome to R2R! :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, thank you. I’ll do the dip tomorrow afternoon, as I have no time at the moment. He can wait, right? He looos overall healthy at the moment. Also, what do I do if I don’t see anything come off?

EDIT: Wouldn’t it be less stressful to use PraziPro?
No, Prazipro can suppress appetite and if required is fine but let’s diagnose the issue first.

Back