Gimme the Inside Scoop on JBs and Bounces

ReefEsq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some JBs and a Neptune Bounce mushroom for a really good deal. I've kept shrooms before, but truth be told they were just something someone gave me as an easy starter coral and I really didn't have any special consideration for them. They grew massive but never split/reproduced.

I know the basic low flow, low/medium light, good water parameters, etc., but I was hoping if anyone had some expert tips for growing and multiplying both the JBs and the bounce, you'd be kind enough to share!

Note: they're in a breeder box I had left over from my FW days, and I assume its the same concept as a shroom box, so unless anyone thinks I shouldn't I'll probably just get some rock rubble and keep them in there. It has vertical slits going down the narrow sides, but not much flow if any gets in there at all. Any suggestions for putting even a small amount of flow in the box?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept my Jawbreakers in a dish of rubble. They constantly would move from piece to piece and leave a piece of their foot as they did. That in turn grew a new baby. Had over 30 at one point ;Woot

Kremis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neptune is a weird bounce because unlike almost all of them, its a discosoma mushroom and not a rhodactis. it will make babies pretty frequently when it gets bigger like the jawbreakers will. However, normal rhodactis bounces at least in my experience make babies far less frequently but grow faster. they are also a lot easier to frag

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 148 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back