what the scoop on the new Tunze Osmolator 3 Auto Top Off?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a search here did not see much about it.
sooo what the story around the reef on the new Tunze 3 ATO?

I am in need of a new ATO, I like this one as I can add it to my ATO res in the basement. says it can push 20' up ...
what about up 10' and over 20' any one done long runs?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should read what's the scoop... oops but you get it.

anyway I just watched this YT vid from Tunze about it.

but looking for more real world reviews from other reefers.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for about 2-3 months now. It replaced a Reef Breeders Prism that had the pump die (over the last 5 years I've had 2 Reef Breeders Prisms, the first one broke after 4 years, so I bought another, and it broke in under a year. I could have probably sent in for warranty, but didn't want to deal with it). So far so good though, I like it better... Although, I never had to clean the prism, and I've already had to wipe the sensor on the Osmolator 3. Wiping the sensor was super easy though, took less than a minute and didn't even have to pull it out of the sump, just popped off the plastic, wiped, replaced the plastic, easy...

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for about 2-3 months now. It replaced a Reef Breeders Prism that had the pump die (over the last 5 years I've had 2 Reef Breeders Prisms, the first one broke after 4 years, so I bought another, and it broke in under a year. I could have probably sent in for warranty, but didn't want to deal with it). So far so good though, I like it better... Although, I never had to clean the prism, and I've already had to wipe the sensor on the Osmolator 3. Wiping the sensor was super easy though, took less than a minute and didn't even have to pull it out of the sump, just popped off the plastic, wiped, replaced the plastic, easy...
thanks for the feedback.

anyone else use one of these they can chime in?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back