Tunze Osmolator 3155 vs Osmolator 3 ATO

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People actually use the Tunze controller? Mine is tucked away and I have never used it for anything. It’s literally hidden out of sight at all times. If I don’t hear the alarm, I know everything is fine

You reminded me. The Tunze ATO 3 doesn't have an audible high level alarm anymore. The only alert is the sensor in my sump flashes red, which is impossible for me to see without digging in. I like looking at that Tunze box. That, my halides, ranco temp controller, and my vinyl records + VHS tapes that I never returned to Blockbuster lol.

OP
OP
TacticalReef

TacticalReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP: did you end up getting the Tunze 3 ATO? thoughts.
I kind of did a combination. I found a used 3155 for fairly cheap on FB Marketplace. I then replaced the pump with the new pump that comes with the Tunze 3. The pump is great and much more quiet. I also found out that if you move the 3155 controller to the nano setting that the new pump actually just pulses to add just enough water.

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Tunze 3, wish there was a thumbscrew bracket to be able to adjust the sensor height. Have to pull on the cord now if want it a touch higher, or push the sensor down with fingers if want lower. Seems to work well otherwise. Forget what the flashing light colors mean sometimes. Been using since mid-Dec.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see a reason to use the new version, I run three 3155 and never have issues. I do use two on my big system to avoid issues when traveling

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see a reason to use the new version, I run three 3155 and never have issues. I do use two on my big system to avoid issues when traveling
well for me it would be pushing water up from the basement fish room RODI res. the old pump cant even come close to doing that. there also loud, I tried the older version years ago did not like the noise level, ended up with a aqua aqua smart say worked great fro the last 5 years or so but starting to not trust it.

I have the avast ATO that can bring RODI up from the basement great ATO but it is quite loud, I cant have 2 of those one for each tank in the house. dont need another think for the other half to complain about. lol

so there is a use case. not of ton of real world reviews out there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back