Gimmito's 450 Gal L-Shaped Display

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best build threads are the ones where the reefer alters there house for their new tank. Thats awesome! Can't wait to see the build as you start filling the tank.
Gary

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gen built my tank also and told me about this tank a few months back,he told me you live right around the corner from me,you definitely "have to" let me come check this beast out bro:D

Always welcome....give me a ring to hook up (650-784-6900).

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best build threads are the ones where the reefer alters there house for their new tank. Thats awesome! Can't wait to see the build as you start filling the tank.
Gary

I never thought of it that way...I just thought a fireplace that we never used was a waste.
IMO a beautiful reef aquarium is like a living piece of art. :still_dreaming:

Last edited:

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very good! Can't wait to see it in a year... but i'm sure i'll be checkin in regularly. I especially like your qt setup, very smart.

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very good! Can't wait to see it in a year... but i'm sure i'll be checkin in regularly. I especially like your qt setup, very smart.

Hopefully, I'll have it up and running within the next few months.

Today I was patching a few holes that I made running the additional outlets, moved a few outlets over, & removed the gfci's that go where the metal halides will be plugged into. I've heard of too many occurences where they trip b/c of them. :squigglemouth:

I defintely don't want to chance any disease in the main display. For roughly 100 bucks, I have a pretty versatle qt setup for that impulse buy. :wink:

Last edited:

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! This is serious 'ballin'. For the quarantine tank, does the top 3 compartments overflow to the bottom 3 compartments?

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! This is serious 'ballin'. For the quarantine tank, does the top 3 compartments overflow to the bottom 3 compartments?

Hey Bill,

Yes the compartments flow from the return pump to top right, then exits top left, enters bottom left, and exits bottom right back into the sump. I still need to get Gen to make me some lids for the compartments.

Jim

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:wink:
photo-66.jpg

Got a chance to finally start installing the FRP in the fishroom aka the garage. :wink:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo-72.jpg

photo-73.jpg

I picked up a panasonic whisper quite fan from House of Fans in the city to keep the hood area cool. I'm going to use a temperature controller I bought off Jon to kick on once it hits a presetted temp.

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo-69.jpg

I picked up a H&S A150 skimmer for the frag tank. Unfortunately, due to the skimmer's height I'll have to rework the ft a bit.
aw.png

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo-70.jpg

The H&S A150 sitting next to its (dirty) lil brother the H&SA110/F2000 which I'll use for the qt. I'm picking up a H&S A250 for the main display. It seems like I'm a rep for H&S skimmers.
wink.png

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo-74.jpg

I got a chance to remove a "non-bearing header" that the contractor installed under a glue-lam. This will enable me to install a light rack similiar to the one Steve Weast used in his setup. I'll wrap it up with frp also.

Please excuse the sheetrock dust. :squigglemouth:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 97 41.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back