OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gen came over and drilled the dt for 1 1/2" schedule 80 bulkheads and helped me drill the fuge for 1" bulkheads.

photo-20.jpg

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a bunch of schedule 80 bulkheads, uni-seals, & a hole cutting kit at Bulk Reef Supply (20 % off the schedule 80 plumbing
bigsmile.png
). The hole saw set was less than 15 bucks...you can't beat it. I drilled the frag tank stand for the bulkhead to go through. I wanted to drill out either the frag tank or sump underneath for a quick water change...what do you guys think ? I'm also going with a 2" bulkhead and elbow for the return pump, since I don't have alot of room to play with next to the sump.
angry.png

Up next is to buy a bunch of 8' x 12' sheets of frp to line the hood, sump, & frag tank area and order the reeflo hammerhead so I can start plumbing.

photo-23.jpg

photo-43.jpg

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I traded some frags with a fellow reefer for this used quarantine tank. It measures roughly 2' x 2' and has 6 cubicles that measure 8" x 11" x 8". I remember talking to Matt Wandell during the SF Tank Tour, he mentioned they use similiar systems to acclimate their fish and inverts at the Steinhart Aquarium. It's made by a company named Minireef...anybody heard of these them ?

photo-24.jpg

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a chance to finish up the electrical for the tanks. I added 15 additional outlets for the main display, frag tank, fuge, & qt. Now I have to rock it and cover the rock w/FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic).

photo-37.jpg

photo-38.jpg

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished the manifold the other day. It has five 1 1/2" outlets that will probably be reduced to one 1". I'm thinking of using the new Oceans Motions omniflex nozzles. The flow can be fine tuned by the 5 tru unions ball valves which can be broke open for easy service.

photo-36.jpg

photo-30.jpg

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some pic's of some nice fiji totoka live rock that I got from Patrick (FinalPhaze987). Some really large interesting pieces w/red & purple coralline. I'm cooking them right now while I get to installing those frp panels.

photo-58.jpg

photo-59.jpg

photo-60.jpg

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend Ethan helped me run some double wall duct to my solar attic fan. I'll be installing a panasonic whisper quite fan which will be controlled by a thermostat I bought from Jon (Jar).

photo-63.jpg

photo-65.jpg

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Awesome build. Can't wait to see some water in it.

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys....I have a few threads on the tank and I totally forgot to update this one (whoops !). I'm trying to finish up a second story addition/remodel, thus the slow progress. Once I get the final signed off, you guys will see a lot more action. :xd:

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gen built my tank also and told me about this tank a few months back,he told me you live right around the corner from me,you definitely "have to" let me come check this beast out bro:D

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 110 43.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 121 47.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.1%
Back