Giveaway Disclaimer for Winners

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We like to give away stuff here at Reef2Reef and I know you like to win it! We have learned a few things over the years and to help improve on what we are learning I wanted to create a thread as we go along. So keep an eye out for updates.

1. Winners outside the US will be required to pay for the shipping of prizes won.

2. Winners who win a certain prize will not be eligible again to win that same prize within a 1 year period. *exception for supporting member giveaway (see rule 5) or where otherwise stated in the contest rules.

3. Winners who post a thread with photos about their prize and the sponsor who donated the prize will be eligible for a special annual giveaway contest. (more details to come) https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-contest-and-giveaway-winners-circle-thread.103002/

4. Only US residents are eligible for livestock giveaways.

5. Winners of the Supporting members giveaway are not eligible to win again for 3 months.

6. Winner responsible for all applicable taxes as determined by your state of residence.

7. Unless otherwise stated in the opening post of a contest, we (either Reef2Reef staff or the sponsor of the contest) will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does this also affect supporting member giveaways?

Added this: 5. Winners of the Supporting members $100 giveaway are not eligible to win again for 1 year.

[ADMIN EDIT: This is now shortened to 3 months.]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a long-time lurker, who is always intrigued by all of the give-aways, and probably would have joined a lot of them (and started posting a lot sooner) except for one thing...

Every contest requires a "like" or "follow" or whatever on the Magical Book of Face that I simply refuse to join....
I realize Social apps are the Marketing tool of the masses, but it would be nice if a few of your sponsers would occassionally leave that requirement out of their contests... Granted, they are here to drive publicity, and get people to see and learn about their product...

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a long-time lurker, who is always intrigued by all of the give-aways, and probably would have joined a lot of them (and started posting a lot sooner) except for one thing...

Every contest requires a "like" or "follow" or whatever on the Magical Book of Face that I simply refuse to join....
I realize Social apps are the Marketing tool of the masses, but it would be nice if a few of your sponsers would occassionally leave that requirement out of their contests... Granted, they are here to drive publicity, and get people to see and learn about their product...

Then do not enter.

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Exactly.... Don't enter then. The prizes are donated by sponsors.. The least you can do is click like on their page. If you have issues with that nobody's forcing you to enter. There's no other place that gives more away than R2R.. And we're lucky to have a good honest preacher who does this on the side who make sure the prizes are fairly drawn and not a "setup" like most places..

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then do not enter.

Exactly.... Don't enter then. The prizes are donated by sponsors.. The least you can do is click like on their page. If you have issues with that nobody's forcing you to enter. There's no other place that gives more away than R2R.. And we're lucky to have a good honest preacher who does this on the side who make sure the prizes are fairly drawn and not a "setup" like most places..

Wow, guess I deserved that...

At no time did I intimate that the giveaways weren't generous. As a matter of fact, I think I said almost the opposite.

My point was that there is a small, but decent portion of society, including a fair amount of reefers, who do not participate in Facebook. Just as there are folks who don't Twitter, or Snap Chat, or Linked in, or whatever your social media platform of choice is. They aren't any less supportive of this site, or the sponsors who donate; they just, for whatever their reasons, so not have a social media presence. I was just saying it would be nice if, once in a while, there was a contest that did not have an absolute Social Media component.

For what it is worth, as I have started actively particpating here, I have now started a Facebook account (and have "liked" Reef2Reef on there). I was just espressing my opinion. And now, I can join the contests.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R is really the only place I post. I also like coming to R2R to get away from all the negativity from every were else, and learn and ask questions. This most like why you received the responses that you did. I have accounts on most of the social media site, and mainly use them to market my business interest. My personal social media accounts I hardly ever post. Since a contest was invented, it is a marketing tool to entice the masses to sign up for something, so at a later point they can contact you and sell a vacuum. :)

By the way, that is a very nice St. Bernard, they are such loveable dogs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

At no time did I intimate that the giveaways weren't generous. As a matter of fact, I think I said almost the opposite.

My point was that there is a small, but decent portion of society, including a fair amount of reefers, who do not participate in Facebook. Just as there are folks who don't Twitter, or Snap Chat, or Linked in, or whatever your social media platform of choice is. They aren't any less supportive of this site, or the sponsors who donate; they just, for whatever their reasons, so not have a social media presence. I was just saying it would be nice if, once in a while, there was a contest that did not have an absolute Social Media component.

For what it is worth, as I have started actively particpating here, I have now started a Facebook account (and have "liked" Reef2Reef on there). I was just espressing my opinion. And now, I can join the contests.

We're glad to have you here and thank you for understanding.

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That was easy! Sorry if I came off as harsh but the sponsors pay a ton to be here (I'm not affiliated btw) now become a supporting member where there's a monthly $100 live aquaria give away where your odds are almost guaranteed.. But shhh.. That's our secret ;)..

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back