Glad i left the skeletons in place!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeSoDo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeSoDo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2024
Messages
308
Reaction score
198
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in June, my upstairs ac unit went out, and my 65g mixed reef tank is in the master bedroom. Tank got up to 87-92° for almost 2 weeks (until new unit and air handler in the attic were installed) before it was replaced. I should've ask the day it happened how to keep the tank cool, but iiwii. I know what to do in case it happens in the future. But, I left the skeletons in the tank and even though i never saw any polyps remaining, I was hopeful. I'm glad I left them in! I thought i lost 15 corals (hammers, frammer, frogspawn, acan, goni) but everything is growing back except 1 torch and 2 hammers. So 12/15 coming back i feel is a blessing! Even though I lost my favorite skunk cleaner (most personality thing in the tank), my cleaner wrasse, my royal gramma and my Ruby red dragonet, all was not lost! I appreciate the advice I received during all of this.

 
so happy for you! i agree. ive left stuff in for a long time and been amazed at what came back!
Thank you! Even though it's a budget tank, I still spent money on the corals. I was devastated when I saw them melting and gave polyp bailout.
 
When the fires hit SoCal in January, we were without power for about two weeks…I had just added the frags I got with my birthday money a couple of days earlier! I thought everything was a goner too but I was able to use a battery generator to keep heat and return pump going and I also had most everything start to slowly grow back! It was a scary time for sure! I’m glad you had a good experience overall in the end (sorry about your fish 😢) and that you know what to do in the future!
 
When the fires hit SoCal in January, we were without power for about two weeks…I had just added the frags I got with my birthday money a couple of days earlier! I thought everything was a goner too but I was able to use a battery generator to keep heat and return pump going and I also had most everything start to slowly grow back! It was a scary time for sure! I’m glad you had a good experience overall in the end (sorry about your fish 😢) and that you know what to do in the future!
Thank you! I loved that skunk cleaner! It always came to my hand and would walk up my arm. My new one, barely comes out of hiding. I'm glad yous grew back!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new