Gladfelter's 125 Build-"In the Beginning"

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stuff it made for structural things. There is hardware made to go in the slots. Think about unistrut and how they make brackets to bolt pieces together and build a structure without welding. It's similar to that. Personally, I wouldn't use it for a heat sink because it will likely just hold heat. For a heat sink, you want something with a lot of surface area, and little mass. In other words, you want something that will absorb AND dissipate heat.

OP
OP
Gladfelter

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stuff it made for structural things. There is hardware made to go in the slots. Think about unistrut and how they make brackets to bolt pieces together and build a structure without welding. It's similar to that. Personally, I wouldn't use it for a heat sink because it will likely just hold heat. For a heat sink, you want something with a lot of surface area, and little mass. In other words, you want something that will absorb AND dissipate heat.

It's not to be a heat sink. I'm attaching the heat sinks to it as a rail system.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use a stud finder. I have put way too many holes in walls to find out that the person that built the wall didn't use THEIR tape measure.

OP
OP
Gladfelter

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoo ok. Not finished obviously but just need to attach the other two sols and tuck the wires.

Attachments

• 1374626916911.jpg
    1374626916911.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 184
OP
OP
Gladfelter

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, looking good

Ya so that's how its still looking since I turned around to get.the other two lights out of their boxes. The other two I got used. I had tried them out when I got them but didn't notice that the screws weren't in them so now I am 4 screws away from finishing my lights lol. Could scream :D

NanoPoseidon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking nice.... I am curious to how the AI Sol's are going to work for you... One of my future upgrades is lighting and The Sol's are on the short list (along with the Razor, Radions, T5's, T5/LED combo, etc.------------Ok, so its not a short list...)

OP
OP
Gladfelter

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking nice.... I am curious to how the AI Sol's are going to work for you... One of my future upgrades is lighting and The Sol's are on the short list (along with the Razor, Radions, T5's, T5/LED combo, etc.------------Ok, so its not a short list...)

If I could do it again I would probably go for the new Hydras. Of course you have zero chance of getting one.used right now. I like the Sols so far. I need to get the newer controller cause the old one that I have sucks.

OP
OP
Gladfelter

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love seeing this while watching tv :D

Attachments

• 1374722534547.jpg
    1374722534547.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 177

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back