Glamorca Gyre replacement parts

Eackone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 gyres; the Glamorca gyre GP02 and GP03. I need to replace the bushings and the cages on both of them.

I was told they use the same parts as the Icecap Gyres but I can't seem to find what is the model equivalent of the GP02 and GP03 in the Icecap. Is anyone aware which I would need?

I've called multiple suppliers and maxspect (who makes glamorca ) to no avail.

On another note, my gyres have broken on more than one occasion... Theres a significant price difference between getting new parts (if I can find some) vs. upgrading to vortcechs; but I'm starting to strongly consider it if it can make my life easier in terms of maintenance.

OP
OP
E

Eackone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check directly on coralvue website if in USA, or reefsupplies if in canada. Both can ship internationnal.
Thank you,

I can't seem to get in touch with anyone at reef supplies.
Coral vue was one of the suppliers I contacted. They didn't know the sizes of Glamorca gyres and suggested I contact Maxspect to find which size of ice cap cages is comparable to the GP02 or GP03. They suggested I find those answer and then order the cages from their website. The issue remains that I don't know what model of cages I need.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not think Coralvue handles that line and I honestly never heard of them.
They certainly look like they are the same as the IceCap gyres so they may be compatible with those parts and they can be found on Coralvues site. Unless the parts are interchangeable CV may not have the part.

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are exactly the same, I even replaced the motor of one of my glamorca gp03 with the icecap 3k. there is absolutely no difference except the name written on it. gp02=2k; gp03=3k; gp04=4k

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for reefsupplies, order direct from their website.

edit: just went to their website, looks like they dont hold icecap/glamorca parts anymore.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back